Drake EQWaders??

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Drake EQWaders??

Postby B.E.Nelli » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Has anyone bought or seen these yet? Read up on them and they sound awesome. Really looking for a high end long lasting pair, ans willing to drop the 350 if they are truly worth that. I like how they ride up so high, and supposedly use several seams sealants in conjunction, rather than just one method like other manufacturers. That's the claim anyways.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Re: Drake EQWaders??

Postby MNjonboatguy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

I've had bad luck with my drake waders and have heard similar stories of drake waders not lasting long.

I got a leak in mine the first year and never was able to fix them. I've fixed 3 other pairs of waders with aqua seal, but my drake eqwaders were the late season model and were fleece lined. They were really warm but the fleece lining means you can't seal a rip/hole from the inside, if you ever have a problem. I called Drake and got the run around twice, horrible service. Really pisses me off because they make great blind bags and clothing.

The magnet pockets and shell holders were all really cool, but who cares about all the doo dads when you are soaked?

I've had Guide Series, Cabela's, Drake, and last year bought Columbia 5mm 1600 gram waders and I'm pretty happy with them so far.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:24 am

Dang, that's disappointing! You spend 350 bucks on waders they should last longer! Thanks for the info. I guess I will go with some cabelas waders, at least they stand behind them.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby MNjonboatguy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:24 am

Yeah they charge a pretty penny. Both my leak and others I've heard of come from the seams near the knees. They have an extra exterior lining around your butt and knees which is a good idea but the seams don't hold up.

The 5mm waders from cabelas are great, and they will take a return if you stumble upon a bad pair. I'd check out the columbia's too if you can find a dealer close to you. Gander Mountain carried them last year for a great price.
Longest off season ever
MNjonboatguy
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:14 am

Definitely not worth the $350 or whatever they cost. Go with cabelas waders. You will be much happier.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:58 am

I'm on my 4th year with my LST's. Never had any trouble at all with them so far
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby montanatest » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:14 am

We test products for a living and Drake will not work with us. We get turned down for one reason they don't want their product in the hands of independent reviewers. We don't guarantee anyone a positive review and if they can't control the outcome of a review they beat feet for the exit.

Montana Test
montanatest
Newb

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:08 pm

montanatest wrote:We test products for a living and Drake will not work with us. We get turned down for one reason they don't want their product in the hands of independent reviewers. We don't guarantee anyone a positive review and if they can't control the outcome of a review they beat feet for the exit.

Montana Test
:no:
Or could it be they don't feel the need to pass out free gear to every Tom, ****, and Harry who wants to "field test" their product? I would imagine they have plenty people testing their products as it is
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby montanatest » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Luvbowhuntn wrote:
montanatest wrote:We test products for a living and Drake will not work with us. We get turned down for one reason they don't want their product in the hands of independent reviewers. We don't guarantee anyone a positive review and if they can't control the outcome of a review they beat feet for the exit.

Montana Test
:no:
Or could it be they don't feel the need to pass out free gear to every Tom, ****, and Harry who wants to "field test" their product? I would imagine they have plenty people testing their products as it is

Montana Test begins its 7th year testing and writing reviews on outdoor product.
Montana Test does not offer positive reviews to anyone. All products are tested in the field in real time under extreme conditions. Over the last seven years our crew have tested and reviewed hundreds of pieces of merchandise. Some pass the test and others do not.
Whatever the results we provide that information to the outdoor consumer via Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Montana Test reviews products for the consumer of Hunting, Fly Fishing and Camping product. The goal, test product in the field, photograph in use and report to the Consumer if it is worth there hard earned cash. Montana Test does not sell advertising on the site and returns product after testing if requested.
We concentrate our testing and reviews on Waterfowl, Fly Fishing and Camping gear.

All products will be returned with call tag.

Any more questions?
montanatest
Newb

Postby mufb » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:48 am

I have the first version of the LST waders and developed a very slight leak, just enough it was hard to tell if it was sweat or leak. Drake customer service has been good to work with and they are replacing them with the version 2 model as soon as they get my size in stock. My buddy had a pair and is going on year 4 with no problems.

The features, fit and warmth make them a very good wader.
mufb
hunter

Postby Edge » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:16 am

My brothers leak after one season. I like Macks Prairy Wings, they are the best that I have found.
Edge
hunter

Postby gunrunnerusmc03 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:38 pm

I had the original LST waders and they were kind of a pain in the ass. The added cordura nylon to the seat and legs made them very stiff to walk and sit in.
gunrunnerusmc03
hunter

Postby Legband#1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Both my buddies use them and have for several years now and they love them ,
I stuck with my cabelas zipper waders because I can take care of business a little easier but they just canceled them so,
I'm going Drake this year I hunt 85-95 days a season I have for years now so I run two sets to let them dry out from sweat or rain or my lack of cat like reflexes at 55 , I mean I still have them but their more like fat house cat reflexes now lol.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoy Pro-Staff
Legband#1
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum