Duck Hunting Forum banner

New here but not new to hunting.

929 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  beretta24 
#1 ·
Hey guys. just wanted to hi to everyone. I maybe new here to the forum but I am definitely not new to hunting. Anyone headed out for Mourning doves and round 2 of the early goose season this weekend?

#5 ·
Goin for Doves next week sometime up here. Seems to be a lot around, but also a ton of places for them to feed because there is so much wheat. I'm more looking forward to chasing some sharp-tails and partridge in a few weeks. Saw about 15 prairie chickens last night, I didn't apply for a chicken license but It was still cool to see them.

#6 ·
MinnesotaDan said:
Goin for Doves next week sometime up here. Seems to be a lot around, but also a ton of places for them to feed because there is so much wheat. I'm more looking forward to chasing some sharp-tails and partridge in a few weeks. Saw about 15 prairie chickens last night, I didn't apply for a chicken license but It was still cool to see them.
I have still yet to shoot a hun or sharptail...sounds fun.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

#7 ·
beretta24 said:
MinnesotaDan said:

Neither have I, so tha'ts why I'm kinda pumped. An old wrestling buddy of mine is a biology teacher at the local high school so he showed me around a few spots and I helped him hang a trail cam. His parents are farmers so he has access to a ton of land which could come in handy as well. Its really desolate up here, even more so than what I'm used in west central and south west MN.

#9 ·
beretta24 said:
MinnesotaDan said:

i have one up on you yeah me. lol. i shot one about 16 years ago and best tastin little bird around. pretty also. hun im talkin about my mas got some on the farm but i never have the gun when i bust the covey

#11 ·
hillbilly.. said:
beretta24 said:
MinnesotaDan said:

i have one up on you yeah me. lol. i shot one about 16 years ago and best tastin little bird around. pretty also. hun im talkin about my mas got some on the farm but i never have the gun when i bust the covey
I just seen one covey during dove season in south central mn a few years back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.