Opener is upon us

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

Opener is upon us

Postby Gamecock » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Tommorow is duck season eve. How many of you are as excited as me?
Gamecock
hunter

Re: Opener is upon us

Postby Kasilofchrisn » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm excited but stuck on the slope until the 10th.
My wife knows I plan to spend some time duck hunting this R&R and she is looking forward to some duck dinners.
I have made some new decoy weights and have the decoys rigged with the new weights for the most part.
I also hit the range for a practice session with the clays. I'm glad I did as I was a bit rusty at first.
Kasilofchrisn
hunter

Postby Gamecock » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Kasilofchrisn wrote:I'm excited but stuck on the slope until the 10th.
My wife knows I plan to spend some time duck hunting this R&R and she is looking forward to some duck dinners.
I have made some new decoy weights and have the decoys rigged with the new weights for the most part.
I also hit the range for a practice session with the clays. I'm glad I did as I was a bit rusty at first.

I know the feeling. I have mojo's burning the batts now and gonna put a full charge on them so I can make sure they're juiced. New call, new deks. Just ready for sunday morning
Gamecock
hunter

Postby 0321Tony » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:39 am

I didn't get out till the 5th as I had to work but I got two days out so far and killed 6 the first day after having to move blind locations. The 6th I went back to the same spot I got the ducks at the day before and was headed home with two limits in two hours. I finished my birds in an hour but my partner was a bit off on his shooting. We should have both been headed home in an hour time. I am headed back Monday morning to do it again.

Sent while hiding from the boss
0321Tony
hunter

Postby Black Brant » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Having to work but have managed about 5 trips, mostly quick ones after work. Not many birds at first but they are building in numbers nicely. Should keep getting better til the end of October, at least it always has, good luck to all :beer:
Black Brant
hunter

Postby Gamecock » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:46 pm

We managed 12 on opener and then 13 second day. We haven't seen much since. Broke down and went to the cotton wood hole and I never fired my gun in 2 days. Went out this evening and saw a group of 5 fly by and that was it. Hard hunting so far
Gamecock
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting