Who will be chasing the Whitetail on Saturday?

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Who will be chasing the Whitetail on Saturday?

Postby WNYHunter » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:52 pm

I figured I would post this in the NY forum rather than Big Game because the NY season starts this Saturday.

Anyone going to let the little quakers and honkers rest for a weekend? I'll be out Saturday and Sunday down in Steuben County chasing the Whitetails around. I'll let you know how I do.

Sighted in my deer barrel but have not scouted too much on our land so I will have to resort to where I KNOW the deer usually find cover.
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:35 pm

I think 870 and Clutchfan said they had pretty sweet deer hunting spots lined up :umm: :laughing: :umm:

I am taking the first weekend off of hunting since mid september :pissed:

Going down to State College for a football game and my bro's 30th b-day party. It won't be hunting but should be fun.

Good luck bagging some venison. :thumbsup:
harvey1b
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Deer hunting is for people who like to get up late, and don't want to do all the work :yes: Sorry, I had to say it.

Usually my best days for ducks are during the deer opener.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby 870 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey Matt up here we don’t need to chase them, they chase us. :toofunny: They old CLUTCHfan and I don’t need rifles we fond out the bumper on a Grand Cherokee works just fine at 5:00 in the AM :laughing:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Whistlerwhittler » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:46 pm

I've only gone after deer twice in the last seven years. I've had too much fun chasing ducks. However I'm going to give the deer a shot a couple of times next week. My three boys are getting older and eating more, man beef is expensive. A guy at work has been nice and has given me a deer the past two years and he's offered to take me out hunting several times, so I'm taking him up on it this year. Hopefully I can get out for one more duck hunt on Friday before I put the slug barrel on.
Whistlerwhittler
hunter

My Land

Postby WNYHunter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:41 am

Here is a picture of the land we own in Steuben County. It is 100 Acre parcel that we chase deer, grouse, turkey and rabbit around on.

It is hard to tell but the area on the top where the green paths go back and forth is an overgrown field with a few Pines near the upper third. The bucks love handing out under them during the season.
WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Got my deer....

Postby WNYHunter » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:57 am

Hi guys....just an update from my last post. Got a Doe last Saturday at 11:30AM and then this buck at 1:30 PM. I got them in the adjoining fields in the picture above. Now back to waterfowl....

WNYHunter
WNYHunter
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:12 pm

AT-A-BOY :thumbsup: good job o'l boy :salude:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

nice buck wny

Postby army guy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:14 pm

I tagged my first buck this year,with the help of a good buddy :salude:

army guy
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting