E caller

Snows, Blues, and Ross Geese. A snow goose hunting forum to discuss snow goose hunting tips and tactics.

Moderators: yellowlab, DUJUNKIE

E caller

Postby quack-n-stack » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Do you use a homemade caller, or do buy a name brand? And why?
How many speakers and what kind?

Just trying to determine what is the "BEST" route to take. Just wanting the clearest, most realistic sound without braking the bank
quack-n-stack
hunter

Re: E caller

Postby GooseMan74 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Some of it depends on where you hunt and how many snows are in the area. We have an old e-caller, couldn't even tell you the brand, with one speaker. We primarily hunt in Saskatchewan where the geese are abundant so the need for a high-powered e-caller isn't necessary. There are some good callers for around $250 and up such as the Snow Persuader. From my experience they work great and in Sask you can now use the e-caller while hunting Canada's as well.
GooseMan74
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:46 am

We use a old Johnny Stewart E-Caller, still has cassette tapes. You can find these real cheep these days. We updated our speaker system to get them away from the blinds. It drives you nuts with that sound.
War Wagon
hunter

Postby bobalong » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:30 pm

I use a Primos Turbo Dogg, works well on coyotes and crows as well. The remote is handy when working it with the mouth calls.
bobalong
hunter

Postby adv sask » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm

Home made ecaller, set it up to run two separate mp3 players to have a couple different volume and sounds coming out . Running 6 speakers room for a couple more on expansion if i get around to it.

Went with custom so I could go for clarity over volume and fiddle around with as necessary . Also nice to have the option to leave a mp3 player with music on for set up/take down.
adv sask
hunter

Return to Snow Goose Hunting Forum