speckled trout

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

speckled trout

Postby va marsh rat » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm

caught a personal best yesterday. 25 inches. will trade secret spots and tactics for hunting GPS coordinates. :lol:
va marsh rat
hunter

Re: speckled trout

Postby NOVAggie » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Me gusta!
I SUPPORT SUNDAY HUNTING IN VIRGINIA!!

imaduckin up north wrote:Lew starts twitchin when aggie walks in the room
NOVAggie
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Nice feesh man!
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby va marsh rat » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Fishing was darn good this weekend. In addition to this guy and his two 20 inch friends, I hooked a 40"+ red drum while trolling for spanish macks down near windmill point. Unfortunately I was dragging 20 feet of 15# test behind the planer so when it came time to leader the monster, I had no chance. As soon as I grabbed the leader it went PING!. that was neat though, I'd never seen a big drum so far north, and I'd never suspect that a huge one like that would bite a 2" clark spoon.
va marsh rat
hunter

Postby younggun1100 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:50 am

Nice fish! Sounds like the action is hot. I'll be doing a little fishing for puppy drum this weekend.
"For me its not about shooting birds. Its about everything leading up to that moment: finding places to hunt, building/brushing blinds, rigging decoys, practicing, scouting, waking up early, working hard, and hopefully seeing some waterfowl."
younggun1100
hunter

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting