What do you think ?

A forum dedicated to conservation issues and listings of conservation Orgs

Moderators: NV Guide, Dogman

What do you think ?

Postby 3200 man » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 am

As one of the first True Native Waterfowl resting Refuges in the Northwest , has been drained this year ,with No pumps
to provide the birds with water , I find this interesting that the USFG ,DU, DW and CWA has not the fore-site , we are going to
have low water years . With all the money spent on improvements for habitat , you mean Water was forgot'en ? Hmmm !

In the name of Waterfowl Science , how can this be ?
3200 man
hunter

Re: What do you think ?

Postby Oly1 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Hate to ask a stupid question but which one are you talking about? They seem to be undoing a lot of good projects so hard to keep up with the latest.
Oly1
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:03 am

With No water in Lower Klamath and Not Enough in Tule Lake , we are losing a thousand birds a week to Avian botulism .
These refuges are managed by the USFW Service along with funding from DU ,Delta Waterfowl ,CWA and Donations from
the hunters and Bird Watchers from all over the West . They have relied on gravity water from the Klamath River but , in
low water years of the past , they always had some . This year , they were caught with their pants down as a Judge ordered
all water returned to the river for the Fish/Farmers . This leaves NO water for the Birds , NONE , so this National Refuge ,
one of the Most Important stopping/resting refuges in the Pacific Flyway is Dry .

My Bitch is , Where are the pumps to pickup the lack of water in this Wintering Bird Paradise ?

With all the Habitat /Managing funding USFW has received , They Have no pumps , no water and No For-site ???
3200 man
hunter

Postby :-) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:42 am

I think most of the funds are spent improving habitat on private property that you and I will never have access to.

If this location you're talking about was owned by a big duck club you can bet they would have water, and said originations would be there bragging about how they provided pumps to improved the habitat, and shooting videos.

That just my $.02...I know there are some hardcore supporters out there, but I don't like what I see from the originations that we hunters so blindly offer money.
:-)
hunter

Postby :-) » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:46 am

Dang auto correct...organizations. I'll learn how to proof read my comments by the end of this season.
:-)
hunter

Postby BT Justice » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:41 am

:-) wrote:I think most of the funds are spent improving habitat on private property that you and I will never have access to.

If this location you're talking about was owned by a big duck club you can bet they would have water, and said originations would be there bragging about how they provided pumps to improved the habitat, and shooting videos.

That just my $.02...I know there are some hardcore supporters out there, but I don't like what I see from the originations that we hunters so blindly offer money.

Agreed..Most of the "organizations" talk the talk but then try and go ask them for some help on any type of public ground and see what type of a response you get. Case in point, one of my ex bosses had around 600 acres of private ground adjoining some public ground, he was a big contributor to one of the "organizations".
Neighboring public ground need some very big help on a few of the waterfowl areas, several called most of the "organizations" including myself and got no's, maybe's ,etc. nothing was ever done and no responses.
Kicker was they offered my ex boss assistance if he wanted it for habitat improvement, he was a multi millionaire and turned it down..did not want anyone fiddling with his land as he said...
BT Justice
hunter

Return to Conservation/Biology