Duck Hunting Forum banner

Rainey Break

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  steve-o 
#1 ·
Just got the call from a buddy. Southline at Rainey Break is officially gated off just south of North Line.

#13 ·
there in fact was two gate constructed and placed on the west side on two different locations. they werent a flimsy piece of junk, the real deal. my crew personally contacted the agfc about the situation and the comments reguarding the gates were that they would not be locked and if they were then mr jones would indeed be fined and spend time in jail. that was statements made directly from the agfc. now, how true that will be, i cant say, but he did have a gate cutting off access to the south line. to my knowledge he has never had a problem with people bothering his equipment or tresspassing but who knows. i personally think its a douche move and a sure fire way to put a target on his property from some of the young guns who have nothing better to do then mess with him.

#14 ·
rivershark said:
there in fact was two gate constructed and placed on the west side on two different locations. they werent a flimsy piece of junk, the real deal. my crew personally contacted the agfc about the situation and the comments reguarding the gates were that they would not be locked and if they were then mr jones would indeed be fined and spend time in jail. that was statements made directly from the agfc. now, how true that will be, i cant say, but he did have a gate cutting off access to the south line. to my knowledge he has never had a problem with people bothering his equipment or tresspassing but who knows. i personally think its a douche move and a sure fire way to put a target on his property from some of the young guns who have nothing better to do then mess with him.
We have bolt cutters. :wink:

#15 ·
well there may have been an another motive behind his actions then just trying to tick all the hunters off. some folks around there believe that maybe he was trying to make a statement to the agfc, as in "get off your lazy butts and do something with this plce down here." in all honesty, i could believe that, not saying thats the case here but i can see it. people from DU need to take a drive down there during duck season and take a look at the "DU moist soil units".. to be moist, one of them has been dry for about 8 years running with no sort of crop in place. and now i hear that the biologist over that area, dale odem (not sure how to spell his last name), is no longer over the area and has retired. we called agfc a while back about it and apparently they arent sure who if anyone would be down there to flood the woods this year..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.