That poor Persecuted Christian

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

That poor Persecuted Christian

Postby Chilidawg » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:38 pm

That there are prople around the world that are persecuted for their religious beliefs, whatever they are, has never been in dispute.

That one of them is Tim Tebow, who release from the Patriots is an act of religious persecution is a claim that I find ludicrous in the extreme.

Yet, over at The Blaze, there is a sizable crowd that seems to think just that.

Some example posts:

Shame on NFL Owners and Coach’s for caving under the pressure brought on by the Satanic liberals that have taken over ESPN and the other Sport Media outlets.

Teabow is a winner a will have his day to shine.

It must have been pretty hard last week for all of the haters of God in the media that had to justify the luck in their eyes that Teabow had with two touchdown passes.

God has made it evident to Tim, and myself that he is most definitely using Tim through football. If you can’t see that, then you haven’t been paying attention. Would we even be talking about Tim if he played like everyone else, or played perfect most of the time? The answer is a resounding, no. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and we have been blessed to witness the holy spirit working through Tim. I have no doubt that he will have success as an NFL QB. I don’t know how that will work out, but it will.

Those who are unable to attain any sort of self love, or a connection with their creator, can only envy and ridicule anyone who by example does just that. The Tebo’s of the world can survive being stoned,
while those casting those stones can only suffer in their misery !

This world hates true Christians & it will get worse. I can only hope to have the grace, courage & faith
displayed by Tim Tebow. He’s on my prayerlist. I could not imagine a finer young man. – A Great Cloud of Witnesses-.Heaven is clapping & cheering him on, as one of his biggest fans (and not referring to football)

I think he was cut because the NFL owners are trying to remove the Christian stigma from football. Tebow is arguably the most “Christian” of all the players.

Truth of it is, the NFL does not want a player that makes the rest of the degenerate drug dealers and murderers within its ranks look terrible.

I think that pressure was put on Tim on account of his beliefs as a Christian. Some of you will disagree and that’s fine. However you must admit that being Christian is not “cool.” If however Tim were a a Muslim or an Atheist and if he impugned God things would be much different for Tim. Wasn’t his mother told to abort him when she was pregnant? Who knows this could be a factor also. Right now I think that Tim will never play in the NFL, because the owners are very much afraid of the consequences they might suffer on account of Tim’s beliefs. All this is such a shame.

Let's get real. They released him because they didn't have room on the roster for him, and he has major accuracy issues.
Chilidawg
hunter

Re: That poor Persecuted Christian

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Looks to me like someone is mistaking sports with something God would care about.

Many people transpose their personal desires in a manner that they relate to religion. It tells you they do not understand religion at all.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby cartervj » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Still can't deny the liberal left's disdain for him.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:00 am

There is no doubt, if Tebow came out tomorrow as gay, he would be starting somewhere and everyone who tackled him would be fined and suspended for roughing the passer. The NFL and ESPN have become so political lately that they have lost most of their credibility IMO. This is the same group who adores Ray Lewis but dosent allow Rush to be an owner, go figure.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:24 am

boney fingers wrote:There is no doubt, if Tebow came out tomorrow as gay, he would be starting somewhere and everyone who tackled him would be fined and suspended for roughing the passer. The NFL and ESPN have become so political lately that they have lost most of their credibility IMO. This is the same group who adores Ray Lewis but dosent allow Rush to be an owner, go figure.

I am assuming that you are being cynically sarcastic.

The NFL is all about making money, and the best way to do that is to win football games.
Chilidawg
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 am

Chilidawg wrote:
boney fingers wrote:There is no doubt, if Tebow came out tomorrow as gay, he would be starting somewhere and everyone who tackled him would be fined and suspended for roughing the passer. The NFL and ESPN have become so political lately that they have lost most of their credibility IMO. This is the same group who adores Ray Lewis but dosent allow Rush to be an owner, go figure.

I am assuming that you are being cynically sarcastic.

The NFL is all about making money, and the best way to do that is to win football games.

Like a lot of other government and taxpayer subsidized business, the NFL has taken on social engineering as one of their missions.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:07 am

I think most of those people are as nuts as those that see racism in every criticism of Obama.

These people should be rightly mocked just like the people that obsess over the color of Obama's skin and not the content of his character or the results of his actions.

Human nature is what it is. No group is immune and it does real harm to legitimate problems in these areas. Aesop wrote a fable that addresses this.

Moral of the story: when someone cries wolf and there is not one, beat their ass so they don't do it again :thumbsup:

A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:22 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Looks to me like someone is mistaking sports with something God would care about.

Many people transpose their personal desires in a manner that they relate to religion. It tells you they do not understand religion at all.

Are you saying God is not sovereign over football?
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 am

boney fingers wrote:There is no doubt, if Tebow came out tomorrow as gay, he would be starting somewhere and everyone who tackled him would be fined and suspended for roughing the passer. The NFL and ESPN have become so political lately that they have lost most of their credibility IMO. This is the same group who adores Ray Lewis but dosen't allow Rush to be an owner, go figure.

Personally, I wouldn't allow Rush to own shoes, but that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:16 am

WTN10 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Looks to me like someone is mistaking sports with something God would care about.

I am saying that I don't believe that God cares one whit about football or a lot of other human interests.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:24 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
boney fingers wrote:There is no doubt, if Tebow came out tomorrow as gay, he would be starting somewhere and everyone who tackled him would be fined and suspended for roughing the passer. The NFL and ESPN have become so political lately that they have lost most of their credibility IMO. This is the same group who adores Ray Lewis but dosen't allow Rush to be an owner, go figure.

Personally, I wouldn't allow Rush to own shoes, but that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Can an opinion be wrong? You help make my point though. You believe he should not be able to participate in commerce because you don't agree with him politically, but do you feel the same way about all the rapist, wife beaters, murderers, and general thugs that the NFL employs. Weather you agree or disagree with Rush, the NFL has lost its credibility when it comes to consistency. I personally don't care enough about football to get upset over it, but it is my opinion that the NFL is very political and very much cares about making political statements.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:45 am

boney fingers wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Can an opinion be wrong? You help make my point though. You believe he should not be able to participate in commerce because you don't agree with him politically, but do you feel the same way about all the rapist, wife beaters, murderers, and general thugs that the NFL employs. Weather you agree or disagree with Rush, the NFL has lost its credibility when it comes to consistency. I personally don't care enough about football to get upset over it, but it is my opinion that the NFL is very political and very much cares about making political statements.

and that is the real issue of what is being said

point made
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:42 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
WTN10 wrote:

I am saying that I don't believe that God cares one whit about football or a lot of other human interests.

I'm not implying anything. Honest question, not trying to be combative. Just trying to gauge what you think.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 am

I get that. My answer while declarative was not meant to be confrontational.

When you have a deep and personal relationship with the Lord he can work through you to improve your life and your ability to help others. That in no way relates to someone being able to claim that someone is being guided to make touch downs in a football game. One of history's greatest lessons is how people often misuse religion and God's will for their own ends. This is just a minor example of that action.

I for one believe that using God and religion to beat others over the head is a very nasty version of desire for God to impact things that simple do not and cannot matter. History is rife with stories of people who were completely faithful and focused on God who did amazing things. The key in my view is that everything they did was to glorify the Lord and his message. The Lord blessed them and they achieved great things. Using the Lord and his message while warping it to fit a game of football, or a single players performance in a game seems very close to taking the Lords name in vain.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:28 pm

boney fingers wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

It was really just a dig at Rush because I personally don't like him with all my liberal, emotional, "feelings" and all. Absolutely no basis for a rational debate......I just think he's a poop butt! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:45 pm

With my conservative lack of emotion and use of logic I think he is a poop butt. :beer:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:02 pm

But you'd still let him own a pair of shoes and wouldn't even suggest he should lose any freedom even if definitely shown to be a poop butt.

I just don't get the "humor" in the I don't like them so let's harm them.

I'm just going to ignore people like that and hope they ignore me. They can make a billion dollars for all I care and own a million pairs of shoes for all I care.

Pretty much why I don't obsess over all the poop butts on MSNBC. Are they still on the air? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Chilidawg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Chilidawg
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 pm

I wish the sleelers would offer him a job
boney fingers
hunter

Postby slowshooter » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 am

If God wanted him to throw like an NFL level quarterback he would.

Pray for him.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby blackduckdog2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:18 am

Tucker's take from last year:

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."
Walt Kelly, via Slow's avatar. Look it up
blackduckdog2
hunter

Postby vincentpa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:24 am

boney fingers wrote:

We prefer Ben Rothlisberger. His hands are more tactile. Just ask any of the girls that he has fondled.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:54 am

vincentpa wrote:
boney fingers wrote:

We prefer Ben Rothlisberger. His hands are more tactile. Just ask any of the girls that he has fondled.

If they weren't too drunk to remember.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:19 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:With my conservative lack of emotion and use of logic I think he is a poop butt. :beer:

:lol3: :clapping:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:39 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:But you'd still let him own a pair of shoes and wouldn't even suggest he should lose any freedom even if definitely shown to be a poop butt.

I just don't get the "humor" in the I don't like them so let's harm them.

I'm just going to ignore people like that and hope they ignore me. They can make a billion dollars for all I care and own a million pairs of shoes for all I care.

Pretty much why I don't obsess over all the poop butts on MSNBC. Are they still on the air? :huh:

They're still there but their rhetoric has gotten so orchestrated that it's not even interesting to watch them just to hate them (if you're so inclined). I think the whole issue is not truly what Rush says, or feels, or sincerely believes for that matter. I believe it is all just attempts to control public perception. Football in particular is a sport dominated by the black man. Obviously not necessarily at the owner level, but most certainly at the get your hands dirty level. If strict tongue straightjackets are not in place you run the risk of creating animosity between the financially controlling Marge Schotts(?) and the other 98% of the active football establishment, from uniform guy to defensive coaches. Give one of our typical ego-maniacs such as Sharpton or Jackson or Farakhan an opportunity to demonstrate how the white coalition has been utilizing the black man with simple, disingenuous, expendable, gladiatorial reverence to better control him for their amusement and that's an electric fan that's going to need a lot of Simple Green to be of use to the white civilized, class. It is really, IMO, a subject that has not come up because the opportunities for success are so available. Translate that into hate jargon and that bling will be dangling out of every white Raiders fan's ass come the right words at the right moment.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum