Letter to your Reps/ Senators on Syria

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Letter to your Reps/ Senators on Syria

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:19 pm

I know most if not all of you on here are against any involvement in a giant sandbox (again), but instead of talking about it on a forum or amongst friends speak to those who hold office. Below is a letter you can use/edit to fit your needs or feel free to write your own.

Dear_____
I am writing to you in regards to the current issues concerning the US involvement in Syria.
Myself and many others do not support any military action or aide of any kind against the Syrian Government. I feel for those affected by the continuing violence but know America has no obligation to pick a side. The people The President wishes to help are the same people that shoot at OUR troops in neighboring countries, would eventually use the weapons and resources we provide them against us. Furthermore our country's economic state can not support the weight of a military conflict. One cruise missile cost $1,410,000, which is the same cost to educate 100 American children for a whole year. As a state representative your job is to embody the requests and needs of the Americans in your district, not of those in other countries.
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Re: Letter to your Reps/ Senators on Syria

Postby rank duck » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Quite the contrary. I think we should go in and kick Bashar al-Assad's stankin' @ss. He used chemical weapons against his own people, fer cryin' out loud.

Hey, at least we would have more justification than we had for invading Iraq.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Why don't we let the Swiss take point on this one then?
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:23 pm

rank duck wrote:Quite the contrary. I think we should go in and kick Bashar al-Assad's stankin' @ss. He used chemical weapons against his own people, fer cryin' out loud.

We knew Saddam gassed his own people. We don't know that Assad did or did not gas anyone. There was far more justification for Iraq. We also knew what happened there.

Go ahead just keep sucking up the koolaid. :fingerhead:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:16 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
rank duck wrote:Quite the contrary. I think we should go in and kick Bashar al-Assad's stankin' @ss. He used chemical weapons against his own people, fer cryin' out loud.

We knew Saddam gassed his own people. We don't know that Assad did or did not gas anyone. There was far more justification for Iraq. We also knew what happened there.

Saddam gassed them when?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/date ... 304853.stm

Should we wait that long?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Underradar » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:25 am

Dear Senator:
I think we should use our nerve gas on the Syrians. Let's kill them all and take their sand.
Regards, UR.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 am

Underradar wrote:Dear Senator:
I think we should use our nerve gas on the Syrians. Let's kill them all and take their sand.
Regards, UR.

You still using a litter box?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 am

I'm from Illinois and was gerrymandered out of representation during the last election cycle, so I know how my so-called reps are going to vote and that includes the one Senator that claims to be a Republican.

So Obama what us to take the blame for him sticking his foot in his mouth which is a pretty amazing feet given that his head is always up his ass? There is only one answer from my so-called reps. Yes we can :bow: :bow: :bow:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:54 pm

If we are going to attack...it would be polite to announce when and where after arguing about it in congress and in the media.
What does Oprah have to say?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby dudejcb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 pm

aunt betty wrote:If we are going to attack...it would be polite to announce when and where after arguing about it in congress and in the media.
I agree, it would be interesting, perhaps insightful/inciteful, to hear from Her now. WWOD?
:lol3:

I'm jumpin' on this band wagon right now!.. with some suggestions.
underradar wrote:Dear Senator:
I think we should use our nerve gas on the Syrians. Let's kill them all and take their sand ... yaeah...CASTLEs... Right. That's the ticket, if ya get my meanin'.
Regards, UR.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:29 am

ohioboy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:

Saddam gassed them when?

The Googlefu is weak with this one! Saddam gassed a town that was rebelling after the first Gulf War. It is part of why we invaded. It is also how we knew he had weapons of mass destruction.

I love how all the liberals on here are being very silent as their fearless leader pulls a GWB on them. Oh and their entire WMD's were just nukes argument went to crap when Odumbo claimed we needed to attack Syria for WMD's. He must be talking about nukes. :fingerhead:

So lets hear it liberal brothers, how does it feel to have voted for GWB the Second?
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 am

aunt betty wrote:If we are going to attack...it would be polite to announce when and where after arguing about it in congress and in the media.

:lol3:
Right.
Most folks give a 2 week notice when they quit a job out of common courtesy.
It's the only right thing to do here as well.

I'd be interested to hear what Sharpton thinks of this as well, since I value his opinions so much.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby WTN10 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 am

I'm writing a screed to mine later.
2014 Season Totals:
WTN10
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:

Saddam gassed them when?

The Googlefu is weak with this one! Saddam gassed a town that was rebelling after the first Gulf War. It is part of why we invaded. It is also how we knew he had weapons of mass destruction.

I love how all the liberals on here are being very silent as their fearless leader pulls a GWB on them. Oh and their entire WMD's were just nukes argument went to crap when Odumbo claimed we needed to attack Syria for WMD's. He must be talking about nukes. :fingerhead:

So lets hear it liberal brothers, how does it feel to have voted for GWB the Second?

I was not saying attack, just why wait if we do? I think the evidence is pretty damning. SH, you don't trust the pics?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:04 am

ohioboy wrote:you don't trust the pics?
Are there pictures of the people that pulled the trigger on the gas? :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:55 am

SpinnerMan wrote:

True.

Every picture I have ever seen is now in question. :no:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:12 am

ohioboy wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

True.

Every picture I have ever seen is now in question. :no:

I was about to post this. The picture Kerry used in his latest plea was actually from the Second Gulf War, ten years ago.
2014 Season Totals:
WTN10
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:08 pm

ohioboy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:

Saddam gassed them when?

I was not saying attack, just why wait if we do? I think the evidence is pretty damning. SH, you don't trust the pics?

From this administration. Not a chance in the world I believe them. They are inconclusive and don't show us who fired the shells. Obummer and his boys have no proof. Yet they want us in another war. Ask yourself why.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Shhh, they might be listening.... :fingerhead:
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:43 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
ohioboy wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:

Saddam gassed them when?

From this administration. Not a chance in the world I believe them. They are inconclusive and don't show us who fired the shells. Obummer and his boys have no proof. Yet they want us in another war. Ask yourself why.

SH, you need to take of the GOP glasses for a minute. Politicians lie, or at least have a tendency to. Maybe you were just as critical of GWB. I sure hope so. I dont like Obama, but I saw GWB's faults too.

People died. Terrorists groups lay claim to raise their status. Agree? That leaves either the US or Syria or the Rebels (to throw us off and blame Syria). I really dont think Obama wants a war. He is going down in flames as I type this. No one supports the war. If he wanted it he would have only done so with support. Anything he wants to do domestically will die with the first bomb dropped on Syria.

If someone has another reason I would love to hear it. Why pick Syria?

oh, and happy saturday. i need a beer. cheers. :beer:
ohioboy
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Why pick Syria. That answer is obvious. I have stated it repeatedly in other posts. Obamas repeated actions where Muslim insurrections have been occurring are clear. Egypt had to militarily remove the idiots he supported.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:36 am

Third to last page of the (extremely liberal) virginia pilot today "Obama aide: No 'irrefutable' proff of syrian chemical attack". So they are not 100% sure they even did it. 1. Why is this not front page news. 2. How can they (liberals, obama etc) even think about attacking/going to war with another country after alot of the same people highly criticised and made a huge deal about going to Iraq. This mess drives me crazy!!
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:08 am

ohioboy wrote:If someone has another reason I would love to hear it. Why pick Syria?

I see the similarities.

And I'm not sure the similarities end there.

He's definitely not been helpful to Israel. Ahmedikhed and the jew haters in Iran were in trouble and he didn't help, but he when they had a chance, he helped out :huh:

And do you see any red heads in his cabinet? :huh:

And any thought that he was a dope smoking peacenik have clearly been erased.

You do have to start to wonder, random incompetence, by definition is not always on the wrong side of things.

Iran and the green revolution - right or wrong side for America? Wrong!

Libya - right or wrong side for America? Wrong! Gaddafi was in a box, helping the whack jobs did not help America

Egypt - right or wrong side for America? Wrong! Was there a more benign place over there for America? And now he wants to keep the whack jobs in charge

Syria - right or wrong side for America? Wrong! You'd think after Libya and Egypt, he'd learn that the odds are the whack jobs will take over, but does he? :huh:

Iraq - right or wrong side for America? Wrong! This is all going to go to hell without the U.S. there. The decisions he made since in office will come around to bite us in the ass.

Iran - the will be nuclear armed and greatly emboldened by the end of Obama's second term barring actions by others.

I don't however think that he has a master plan. I think he is simply a useful idiot being manipulated much like past American politicians were by the Soviet Union. Hey, who doesn't want Democracy in the Middle East? That can never be a bad thing, with horrific consequences.

Democracy after the fox majority has voted.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 am

I cannot image how anyone would believe anything this administration says.

Fast and Furious

Benghazi - A Youtube video? Really?

Obama's History - Only president ever to hide his school transcripts Anyone care to explain that one?

This list goes on and on and on and on........................................................

If Obama says it, America needs to go the opposite direction to find the truth. He makes a lying politician look honest.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:53 am

ScaupHunter wrote:I cannot image how anyone would believe anything this administration says.

The only difference is those that are better education hide their insanity FROM THEMSELVES better. However, they are still driven by their blind hatred of Bush and all "right-wingers" or their religious zeal for a Utopian society and those that preach what they want to believe :bow: :bow: :bow:

They never get in a debate on principles and stick with it as soon as it challenges their beliefs. I never purposefully watch the Hannity show, but for some reason it was on in the background and I wasn't near the clicker, but it turned out to be quite entertaining for a change. He had a bunch of college students half left and half right and he ask the classic question, what is the maximum marginal tax rate anyone should pay? The right-leaning 20-25%. The left-leaning, to the man and woman (to be PC), went off on a tangent. A large fraction about how we need cops, firemen, and schools (ALL LOCAL GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONS!!!!!) and not a single one would even say there is no limit and the top rate should be 100%. They NEVER defend their positions. They are the anti-intellectuals. They don't seek the truth whether it is the max tax rate or anything else. These are the idiots that feel like they should be in charge even though they have no relevant experience. They heard something that inspired them, so now they are ready to make it happen even if they are totally clueless. They are ready to run the U.S. economy even though they have never read a single economics text book, never ran a single successful business, never don anything to see if they really had a clue or not.

And there are still a lot of people that want to believe the President, any President belongs on a pedestal and are "special" and deserving of respect. This isn't the military where you have to respect the rank even if you don't respect the man, but people want to respect the man because they respect the Office. Same with the belief that those on the Supreme Court must be supreme people and not just political appointees.

Just like Jimmy Carter, Obama is so incompetent, that the fraction of the population that can deny his incompetence and the general incompetence of like minded people is dropping. The problem is that there is no Ronald Reagan to pick up the pieces. I'm not even sure there is a GWB :eek: It's in part why I have no optimism.

ScaupHunter wrote:Obama's History - Only president ever to hide his school transcripts Anyone care to explain that one?
He is so brilliant that people would be infuriated by brilliance and the right-wingers would claim that is ability to get nothing but straight A+'s while taking 21 credits per semester in the toughest classes offered must be a fake like his birth certificate.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum