Versamax

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Versamax

Postby BillMurray » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Brought home a new versamax sportsman saturday and love it. Just one problem I'm finding. There is a 1/16" gap between the vent rib and receiver. No wiggle forward and back but there is some play left to right twisting. The store I bought it from tells me its a design thing. I called Remington and they said its not an issue. Anyone else have a Versamax with this issue? Otherwise awesome gun
BillMurray
hunter

Re: Versamax

Postby gahunter706 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 pm

I don't have my Versamax with me now, but I believe it has the same gap between the rib and the receiver. I've only had it for 1 season, but no problems so far.
gahunter706
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Same with mine small gap, little wiggle. No issues with function, I just check my to make sure my tube cap is tight every now and then. I won a bet the other day at the skeet range with it. A guy was there with some 7/8 oz loads for his old shotgun and he bet me a box of shells that the versamax couldn't cycle that light of loads. It cycled flawlessly as always.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Same with mine. 500+ rounds now and not a single issue yet. Dove loads to 3 1/2" goose loads. Really liking it so far.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:43 am

Same thing here. It's by design to accommodate to gas chambers on the underside of the barrel. I bought my Versamax about a year ago and had similar concerns. Like you I talked to Remington and was assured there was nothing to worry about. Don't even notice it anymore. My VM has been great thus far! No issues cycling heavy 2 1/4oz. turkey loads to 1oz. target loads and everything in between. If your experience is anything like mine has been so far you won't regret your purchase.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby Dehunter » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:20 am

The ones i looked at at the store had the same thing. I have one on order in the duck blind camo, should be here in a week.
Can't wait to try it out. bought it for duck and geese, realy don't need the light load cyling, as i have plenty of other autos for targets and such.
Targets-tequila- trailers-Ahh the skeet life!
Dehunter
hunter

Postby BillMurray » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:54 pm

What a relief. Thanks for the responses guys. I've shot it and had no issues, matter of fact I love the gun. I just thought if I'm paying that much for a gun it would have tighter tolerances. But like I've been hearing from everyone so far, its a design thing. I was reading some posts on forums that guys were getting brand new $400 barrels from Remington because of issues they experienced with their guns. I'm thinking those were old posts when the gun first came out and they were working out the kinks. Can't wait to try it on some teal this weekend!
BillMurray
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum