Hunting Spot.

Discuss Michigan hunting and share your duck hunting secrets here. From lay out boat hunting on the great lakes to the stubble fields.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, quackerkiller

Hunting Spot.

Postby skeeter24 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:22 pm

I Live in Northern Lower Michigan and I'm just trying out waterfowl hunting this year and I'm looking for some places to hunt that are close to home. I live in Boyne Falls its a tiny town but some of you might know of it because of Boyne Mountain being located here any help with some good spots close to home would be great. Thanks in advance
skeeter24
Newb

Re: Hunting Spot.

Postby Weedwacker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Presume you would exchange this waterfowl info , for some good GPS coordinates of grouse spots?
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby CaptCNer1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm in the Traverse City area, somewhat new to northern Michigan (I usually hunt from boat or shore hunt), but very seasoned water fowler. Usually hunting up here by myself...let me know. I don't mind introducing hunters to duck hunting.
Let me know,

Chris
CaptCNer1
Newb

Postby goosman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:36 pm

We have had reall good layout hunts right in potosky in November around thanksgiving lot of divers in there that time of year some guys have even shot old sqaw out there
If its not flying its not dyin,Deer Hunters are like nagging wifes, My boat sounds like an old shovelhead harley.
goosman
hunter

Postby skeeter24 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks for all the input guys but come to found out the couple spots that i was already looking at have turned out pretty well got my first duck the second day of the season hopefully many more to come. when we were scouting about a week before the season we had a group of 14 woodies come into our hole we are pretty excited to keep hunting.
skeeter24
Newb

Return to Michigan Duck Hunting