Here is what I am asking.....

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Here is what I am asking.....

Postby green-hntr » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:20 pm

I have a buddy that live outside of Saratoga, TX. Just called him tonight. Anyways he loves to duck hunt but because he works alot. What I am asking is, there anyone out there that can give him places to duck hunt as in public land or whatever you can offer. I thought this would make a good christmas present even if it is late. Any info or a friendly offer from one waterfowler to the next to take him along on a hunt would be greatly appreciatd. Thanks

:thumbsup:
green-hntr
hunter

Postby texas_quackwakker » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:42 am

Well,

The best advice I can give is find a WMA in your area or see if there is any other public or Army Corps of Engineer water in your area..I live just south of Dallas and there are tons of places to hunt for free.

No they are usually not as populated as some $10,000 dollar a year duck lease but there are plenty oppurtunities to shoot at Divers, gadwalls and the ever so often Mallard, ( I have yet to kill a Mallard).

I love to hunt there because it is free, there are ducks and a day actually hunting some sort of waterfowl is better than dreaming and saving up money to go on a guided hunt.

If your ever in the Ennis area, look me up and anyone is free to go with me anytime I go...I am always looking to meet new duck hunters.

Sam
texas_quackwakker
hunter

Postby green-hntr » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:11 am

Thanks alot for the info. I appreciate it. I will tell him that and if you are ever out east, NJ to be specific let me know, these east coast hunts are a little different but still good duckin.
green-hntr
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting