Fowl flocker kit, DIY flocking kit.

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Fowl flocker kit, DIY flocking kit.

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Got the Fowl Flocker standard Canadian kit a year ago planing to do some floaters I got that didnt have flocked heads. Forgot about it, and then today I got bored and decoded I'd go pick up the paint and get them done!

I also ended up painting the tails on some shells and some other full bodies. I did 30 heads and tails all together, still have about half or better of the flocking material left! (Kit says it does 25 bigfoot heads) Pretty easy to do! Take a decoy you wish to flock, sand / scuff the paint some, clean (I used rubbing alcohol), paint (rustoliem flat black, what they suggest), and dust on the flocking!

Didnt get a ton of pics, but I have a flocked and a sanded and cleaned shell here-

here you can see the heads in the back-

So far while dry they feel pretty durable for flocking, and I think they look worlds better! pretty cheap and easy to do! I'll comment more about durability once season starts up!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Re: Fowl flocker kit, DIY flocking kit.

Postby A-Bomb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:30 am

How much was the kit? A guy on eBay was selling big bags of flocking for cheap. I used flat black oil base rustoleum for my adhesive. Did similar preps and it's help up nicely
MDHA Saginaw Bay Chapter
http://www.midha.org/
A-Bomb
hunter

Re: Fowl flocker kit, DIY flocking kit.

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:11 am

the kit was $17, has black and white flocking, paint brushes, applicator bottle, dust mask and gloves.

If I were to do it again knowing what i know now I'd just get the flocking material.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum