Titties

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Poachers

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:59 pm

boney fingers wrote:
aunt betty wrote:This topic is way outside the realm of the 50/50.
AT is self appointed righteous dictator of the birds too.
This one is mine. I have papers that say I shot it.
I HAVE PAPERS. FEDERAL PAPERS.
lol
Yup
I shooted dat duck.


If its yours, you can sell it then, right.

Yeah. I COULD do lots of things. Admitting it...
Excuse me but just because it is illegal dont mean it cant be done or never happens.
Look around you...people speed, do running stops, all sorts of illegal things.
That stuffed duck is in my possession. Its mine.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!


Re: Poachers

Postby boney fingers » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Speeding is ok if you have a radar jammer and selling mounted ducks is ok if you have a certificate, cool.
boney fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:52 pm

boney fingers wrote:
aunt betty wrote:This topic is way outside the realm of the 50/50.
AT is self appointed righteous dictator of the birds too.
This one is mine. I have papers that say I shot it.
I HAVE PAPERS. FEDERAL PAPERS.
lol
Yup
I shooted dat duck.


If its yours, you can sell it then, right.



Exactly. There's certainly some verbal gymnastics going on to avoid answering this one honestly.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:54 pm

Get caught with over the limit and
SOMEBODY is going to own that bird!
User avatar
Anoldhuntersc
hunter
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: Poachers

Postby TXducksanddeer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:56 pm

This thread need to die out already.
User avatar
TXducksanddeer
hunter
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 am
Location: Waco TX

Re: Poachers

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:This thread need to die out already.

Says the guy adding a post of no value...BUMP!
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Poachers

Postby copterdoc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 pm

assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.
User avatar
copterdoc
hunter
 
Posts: 5938
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 pm

copterdoc wrote:
assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.

Legal in Nevada....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby bighop » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:13 am

Indaswamp wrote:
copterdoc wrote:
assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.

Legal in Nevada....

Ok, then how about her kidneys, or your kidneys.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7292
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Poachers

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:43 am

Who let CD out of his kennel?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 am

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
copterdoc wrote:
assateague wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Guns.

Can I sell it if I want? If not, I don't "own" it.
Does a woman own her red snapper?

It's against the law for her to sell it. Or, for me to buy it.

She can't even legally rent it out.

Legal in Nevada....

Ok, then how about her kidneys, or your kidneys.

Botiz will buy hers.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 am

In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:13 am

assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it"reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 am

User avatar
D Comeaux
hunter
 
Posts: 2529
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 am

What do you say to the guy (and I know one)...who goes out one time a season for some black duck for his freezer....He shoots about 6 or so...and hangs it up for the season...
Limit is one...
I kill about one about 75% of the time I go out for the entire season....

Same thing with Stripped Bass.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
User avatar
Slack Tide
hunter
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm
Location: On the northeast corner of the southwest side

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 am

If you loose ducks frozen in a freezer because you lost power during a hurricane, you can claim them as a loss when you file your insurance claim. I have a friend that is Catostrophic Claims adjuster for State Farm and he is told to use the market price for farm raised ducks, geese and venison for wild meat losses. If you ever loose wild game during a storm, ALWAYS claim wild game losses because they are more expensive than beef and chicken or pork!

If I remember right, he was using $11 per pound on ducks and geese, and almost double that on venison.......
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:34 am

Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it "reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....



Possession is not even close to the same thing as ownership. They call it "reduced to possession" because it isn't yours in the first place. You're just holding it.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it "reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....



Possession is not even close to the same thing as ownership. They call it "reduced to possession" because it isn't yours in the first place. You're just holding it.

I was just holdin onto the stuff...man.
Its not mine and was not for sale...man.


Possession is ownership until some other kid says, "hey thats my bike!".
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:In order to avoid these silly hypotheticals (you guys have got to be getting tired from the mental exertions to come up with rationales for it), I'll just ask again, simply:



If I do not own the duck hanging dead on my wall, how is it possible that I own one flying around in the air 3 states away?

there is a reason they call it "reduced to possession" and "possession limit".....



Possession is not even close to the same thing as ownership. They call it "reduced to possession" because it isn't yours in the first place. You're just holding it.

They have a monetary value, as explained in the lost freezer example. I can cook them how I see fit, I can gift them to whomever I want. And I can be reimbursed if I happen to loose them due to lose of power from a storm, I just can't sell them for good reason. And If that is your litmus test for "ownership" it's a poor litmus test. I own the duck in my freezer just like the beef steak sitting next to it.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 am

I CAN sell Red Snapper, which is a recreational fish as well as a commercial fish, but to do so, I have to sell it to a commercial processing facility to ensure it is handled properly under USDA regulations for resale. I can not sell it as a recreational fisherman, I must have a commercial license to do so for health reasons. Duck use to be sold by commercial hunters If you remember back that far.....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:52 am

To be clear, I don't really have a huge problem with individual states controlling wildlife. I suppose I don't have a huge problem with the idea of the federal government controlling waterfowl, probably under some bastardization of the commerce clause. What I DO have a problem with is them (both federal and state) claiming control, but abdicating responsibility. That's waaaaaaaay too much of a "having your cake and eating it too" scenario for me.

Did the federal government get the bill when their geese crashed that plane in the Hudson River? Did the state get the bill when my buddy hit a turkey? Did Wisconsin pick up the tab when Bill Herian hit a deer? The part which aggravates me is the "well, they're ours when it comes to you wanting to kill them, but they're yours when they cause damage". Bullshit.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 am

Indaswamp wrote:I CAN sell Red Snapper, which is a recreational fish as well as a commercial fish, but to do so, I have to sell it to a commercial processing facility to ensure it is handled properly under USDA regulations for resale. I can not sell it as a recreational fisherman, I must have a commercial license to do so for health reasons. Duck use to be sold by commercial hunters If you remember back that far.....



Why can't I sell a duck if it's mine?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:54 am

Hey Copterdoc, you have to get a permit to use your kidneys? Does any governmental organization tell you what days of the week and months of the year you can use them? Do you have to pay an annual fee for the privilege of filtering your blood?



That was one of the dumbest analogies I've ever heard used, and that's saying something.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I CAN sell Red Snapper, which is a recreational fish as well as a commercial fish, but to do so, I have to sell it to a commercial processing facility to ensure it is handled properly under USDA regulations for resale. I can not sell it as a recreational fisherman, I must have a commercial license to do so for health reasons. Duck use to be sold by commercial hunters If you remember back that far.....



Why can't I sell a duck if it's mine?

Years ago you could-if you were a commercial market hunter. I let you figure out why you can not do so today.

Are you claiming that the ducks were owned during market hunting days, but now they are not?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57517
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 am

So what else do I "own" that I have to:

1. Get permission from someone else to use
2. Pay someone else for me to use it
3. Be told when I can use it
4. Be told where I can use it
5. Be told what I can do with it when I'm not "using" it
6. Be told how I can use it.
7. Have my use of it revoked for not using it in the way they told me I had to



If anyone actually believes the "people" own the ducks, they're a silly fool.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests