Titties

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:01 am

Nope.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland


Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:10 am

assateague wrote:Nope.

why not?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56815
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:24 am

Inda. Because we don't own the birds. That's what I've been saying all this time.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Bighop's still trying to figure out a definition of ownership which will preclude me from coming down and "possessing" all of his stuff, I see.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 pm

assateague wrote:Inda. Because we don't own the birds. That's what I've been saying all this time.

Then why are you monetarily compensated when you loose birds because of a freezer defrosting when the power goes out because of a hurricane?

Mind you, an insurance company will not pay you for damages if they don't have to, so-why do they pay?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56815
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Poachers

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 pm

assateague wrote:Bighop's still trying to figure out a definition of ownership which will preclude me from coming down and "possessing" all of his stuff, I see.

No, I've been busy saving lives and stamping out disease. Sorry.

Let me know when you're coming though, since TX allows deadly force to defend property....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Define "property"
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:Inda. Because we don't own the birds. That's what I've been saying all this time.

Then why are you monetarily compensated when you loose birds because of a freezer defrosting when the power goes out because of a hurricane?

Mind you, an insurance company will not pay you for damages if they don't have to, so-why do they pay?


I have no idea. Because you entered into a contract that specifies they will pay? Don't know. But if your argument for ownership is based off of what an insurance company pays for, well, I'd rethink that if I were you. Although Bighop will probably still have your back just to avoid admitting he has no argument, either.


Related question- when you say "market hunters", are you referring to commercial hunters after the advent of DNRs and the "modern" concept of wildlife conservation, or are you referring to the outlaws? The reason I ask is because around here "market gunners" is another term for outlaws, not really anyone working inside any modern conservation framework. That being said, we've had a DNR since around 1865 or so, so the "outlaws" occupy a pretty big chunk of time.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Poachers

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 pm

assateague wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Define "Own" for this discussion please so everyone is on the same page.

He won't.



Who owns the ham sandwich?



Why do I have too define "own"? You guys are the ones that are saying I, and everyone else, "owns" a duck. I'm certainly not saying that. I say BS, because you can't do 1-7 on my list, and to me, not being able to do 1-7 means that I do not own it. So why do I have to define ownership? Probably because you know you have no argument, but are perfectly comfortable saying that I don't either. Fine.


But here you go:

"own"- to have a claim over all others for the use and disposal of something.


There you are. Simple. The AT definition of "own". Now please feel free to define what you mean by "own". And I'll tell you again, based on your definition, please just leave the keys in "your" vehicle. I'll be there to get it next Thursday, and don't bitch that someone else took it. Because while I'm driving away in it, it will be in my possession.

FWIW, I never said you owned a duck, I just answered your later question.

But if you want to know what I think...

The sammich, and the wild ducks are unowned, though they both belong to you and you can claim them if you so choose. You may have to follow a certain set of rules to do so, that's up to your wife and/or F&W. The duck on your wall is yours, you own it, imo. The inability to sell it is a consequence of a law that was meant to preserve a resource after we made it obvious that if left to our own devices, that resource would be obliterated. It may not have been the intention of the law, but it is what it is. I'll sign your petition to congress to change it if you'd like.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Poachers

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 pm

assateague wrote:Define "property"

anything of value

or per our penal code:
5) "Property" means:

(A) real property;

(B) tangible or intangible personal property including anything severed from land; or

(C) a document, including money, that represents or embodies anything of value.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:36 pm

So what's your definition of ownership? (I can repeatedly ask the same question as well)
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:37 pm

assateague wrote:So what's your definition of ownership? (I can repeatedly ask the same question as well)

stuff that's mine
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Hey, UR. Since our penal code defines property in one way as "intangible personal property" and intellectual property is a thing, and I can use deadly force to defend my property, can I shoot the next guy that steals a good idea from me?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby assateague » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:43 pm

bighop wrote:
assateague wrote:So what's your definition of ownership? (I can repeatedly ask the same question as well)

stuff that's mine


Nice. The passive-aggressive avoidance response. I'll take your definition to actually mean "I have no logical answer which will help my argument, so I'll try to 'make a funny' instead".

Thanks for playing.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:00 pm

assateague wrote:
bighop wrote:
assateague wrote:So what's your definition of ownership? (I can repeatedly ask the same question as well)

stuff that's mine


Nice. The passive-aggressive avoidance response. I'll take your definition to actually mean "I have no logical answer which will help my argument, so I'll try to 'make a funny' instead".

Thanks for playing.

What was my argument again?

Oh, that owning something doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it.

I bought a can of paint. I disposed of part of it painting a wall. I can't throw it away, that's illegal, and the trash man just leaves it on the curb and sends me a nasty letter. I can't pour it out, that's polluting and makes the kids next door sick. Do I own that paint? I'd say so. You'd say no, even though 1-7 applies, your definition requires you to be able to dispose of it as you please, so is that #8 on your list?

If you want a more verbose version of the same thing I just said, here:
own - anything of value over which I can make claim

IIRC, in a separate thread, you defined "value" as simply, something someone wants. So anything I want has value.

So, there. My definition just isn't as restrictive as yours.

And yes, per my definition, I own the ducks.

What do you own?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:44 pm

assateague wrote:
bighop wrote:
assateague wrote:So what's your definition of ownership? (I can repeatedly ask the same question as well)

stuff that's mine


Nice. The passive-aggressive avoidance response. I'll take your definition to actually mean "I have no logical answer which will help my argument, so I'll try to 'make a funny' instead".

Thanks for playing.

Assa stop going on like this, your athletes foot is going to flare up
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9082
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby AKPirate » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:57 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
assateague wrote:
bighop wrote:
assateague wrote:So what's your definition of ownership? (I can repeatedly ask the same question as well)

stuff that's mine


Nice. The passive-aggressive avoidance response. I'll take your definition to actually mean "I have no logical answer which will help my argument, so I'll try to 'make a funny' instead".

Thanks for playing.

Assa stop going on like this, your athletes foot is going to flare up

:lol3:
User avatar
AKPirate
hunter
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm

If I catch a cold is it mine?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
hunter
 
Posts: 11249
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
assateague wrote:
bighop wrote:
assateague wrote:So what's your definition of ownership? (I can repeatedly ask the same question as well)

stuff that's mine


Nice. The passive-aggressive avoidance response. I'll take your definition to actually mean "I have no logical answer which will help my argument, so I'll try to 'make a funny' instead".

Thanks for playing.

Assa stop going on like this, your athletes foot is going to flare up


No, please no!!!!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 6798
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby Underradar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:42 pm

bighop wrote:Hey, UR. Since our penal code defines property in one way as "intangible personal property" and intellectual property is a thing, and I can use deadly force to defend my property, can I shoot the next guy that steals a good idea from me?


I do not discuss Penal with men. Sorry to disappoint.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Underradar wrote:
bighop wrote:Hey, UR. Since our penal code defines property in one way as "intangible personal property" and intellectual property is a thing, and I can use deadly force to defend my property, can I shoot the next guy that steals a good idea from me?


I do not discuss Penal with men. Sorry to disappoint.

I will send a retainer. $0.25 via paypal.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Titties

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Did this thread just get motorboated?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby Underradar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:46 pm

bighop wrote:
Underradar wrote:
bighop wrote:Hey, UR. Since our penal code defines property in one way as "intangible personal property" and intellectual property is a thing, and I can use deadly force to defend my property, can I shoot the next guy that steals a good idea from me?


I do not discuss Penal with men. Sorry to disappoint.

I will send a retainer. $0.25 via paypal.


You can't be my pal and want to talk penal.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Titties

Postby Underradar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

bighop wrote:Did this thread just get motorboated?

The mods are hijinxing us. Motorboat, indeed!
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Who can make the stupidest, most drawn out argument?

Postby bighop » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Underradar wrote:
bighop wrote:
Underradar wrote:
bighop wrote:Hey, UR. Since our penal code defines property in one way as "intangible personal property" and intellectual property is a thing, and I can use deadly force to defend my property, can I shoot the next guy that steals a good idea from me?


I do not discuss Penal with men. Sorry to disappoint.

I will send a retainer. $0.25 via paypal.


You can't be my pal and want to talk penal.

Good move. That was a sting LaHunter set up to entrap you for your involvement in a gay prostitution ring.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest