Titties

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Titties

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:50 pm

And to end this thread, I'll post this definition... (Kudos and 1000 points to Underradar.)

Rule of capture
The rule of capture or law of capture is common law from England,[1] adopted by a number of U.S. jurisdictions, that establishes a rule of non-liability and ownership of captured natural resources including groundwater, oil, gas, and game animals. The general rule is that the first person to "capture" such a resource owns that resource.

How's that Crow taste Assa.... :hi:

Those Ducks are mine when I shoot them and the dog brings them to me and I thus maintain them in my possession. This thread is done, over, Good night.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby :-) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 pm

This should sum it all up for everyone!

Gonna hate to see this die, but like everything in life all good things must come to an end!

I hope everyone has a safe, and productive hunting season... I'm already looking forward to the debates that will follow.

Thank you for the great entertainment!
:-)
hunter

Postby copterdoc » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Okay, I'm officially cornfused.

What just happened?

And BTW, suck it Jehler.
copterdoc
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:04 pm

copterdoc wrote:Okay, I'm officially cornfused.

What just happened?

And BTW, suck it Jehler.

...Que the Moobs pic.....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:54 am

Indaswamp wrote:And to end this thread, I'll post this definition... (Kudos and 1000 points to Underradar.)

Rule of capture
The rule of capture or law of capture is common law from England,[1] adopted by a number of U.S. jurisdictions, that establishes a rule of non-liability and ownership of captured natural resources including groundwater, oil, gas, and game animals. The general rule is that the first person to "capture" such a resource owns that resource.

Those Ducks are mine when I shoot them and the dog brings them to me and I thus maintain them in my possession. This thread is done, over, Good night.

Ok, obviously you've missed something. This whole thing started by Larry and others stating that I OWNED the wildlife on the hoof or the wing. Specifically, that if I hit a deer, the state doesn't have to pay because I own it. The federal govt couldn't be billed for "their" geese crashing a plane in the Hudson River. I said bullshit, if they exercise control (via 1-7) over them, that makes them theirs.

So really, the rule of capture doesn't change a thing. After further review, the play has been ruled an incomplete pass. No touchdown. Try again.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:09 am

It's good to know I own the ducks I kill, you know, so I can throw them out on my front yard and let them rot if it so pleases me, being that they're mine.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:And to end this thread, I'll post this definition... (Kudos and 1000 points to Underradar.)

Rule of capture

Ok, obviously you've missed something. This whole thing started by Larry and others stating that I OWNED the wildlife on the hoof or the wing. Specifically, that if I hit a deer, the state doesn't have to pay because I own it. The federal govt couldn't be billed for "their" geese crashing a plane in the Hudson River. I said bullshit, if they exercise control (via 1-7) over them, that makes them theirs.

So really, the rule of capture doesn't change a thing. After further review, the play has been ruled an incomplete pass. No touchdown. Try again.

I must have missed where they claimed ownership of the live animals on the hoof or on the wing. The migratory Birds cross multiple national boundaries at any given period in the migration. The rule of capture also applies here, as no one owns them until they are dead in hand.

The duck on the wall-yes it is yours. the ones in your freezer, yep-you own those too; even though some of 1-7 on your list do not apply and you can not legally sell them. That was taken away when Market hunting became illegal.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:25 am

And it will be a long, long time before AT owns a pintail.
Hehe.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:39 am

Bill Herian wrote:It's good to know I own the ducks I kill, you know, so I can throw them out on my front yard and let them rot if it so pleases me, being that they're mine.

law of capture applies here as well. In some states, you can freely pump water and if it runs your neighbors well dry, so be it...what you can not do is run the well dry through abuse and waste of said water and run your neighbors well dry. Same with game birds. You are free to take them, but not waste them.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:40 am

I'll never "own" one.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:42 am

assateague wrote:I'll never "own" one.

I might have to get with the Voodoo lady and make You a special mojo bag for pintails.... :wink: I'll need some eggshells from a pintail though, so any of you people in Canada that find pintail eggshells, please keep them and I will pm you an address to have them shipped to. :wink:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 am

Ok, to clear it up.

I've been repeatedly asked for my definition of ownership, which I provided. Time for the rest of you to start ponying up what your definitions are, in between telling me that I'm wrong.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am

No way. You can keep your black magic.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:50 am

assateague wrote:No way. You can keep your black magic.

:biggrin: I think I'll have her make you a pintail Voodoo doll instead....just be sure to hit it dead center with the needles.... :wink:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:52 am

assateague wrote:Ok, to clear it up.

I've been repeatedly asked for my definition of ownership, which I provided. Time for the rest of you to start ponying up what your definitions are, in between telling me that I'm wrong.

I just wanted to clear up the confusion about ownership...when you shoot them and retrieve them-you own them.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:15 am

Indaswamp wrote:

I just wanted to clear up the confusion about ownership...when you shoot them and retrieve them-you own them.

Damn regulations made me think I only possessed them. Warden is going to get an earful this fall. :mad:

That makes sense, at the moment I take ownership of the bird, a whole new set of rules (that weren't there before) determining what can and cannot do with my newly acquired property come into play.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:45 am

Indaswamp wrote:

Define "own".
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 am

whisperin' duck wrote:Y'all wanna get serious?

Say you're married a month and buy your wife a set. Two weeks later y'all divorce. Where do we go from here? You bought them with money you had before marriage and all she did was lay on the table.

It was a gift, you cannot take it back, at least in TX. Applies to the rings as well.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:54 am

Indaswamp wrote:I'll add this to the argument...
I own my body. It's mine (I'm a male so there are no abortion issues to address). As such, I can not sell my body to someone else for them to use as they see fit. I can not get a new body to replace the one I have now ( Not with today's medicine anyways, though that may change in the future).

You can sell some parts of it. You can also donate it after death. Those decisions are yours, but what happens to those parts you have no say in.
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 am

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Define "own".

I assume my definition was acceptable?

What was it that you owned?
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 pm

assateague wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Define "own".

I don't have to really...law of capture says I own the birds when I take possession of them. That's the law. You want to go through semantic hoops to define "own", you go right ahead.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:21 pm

I most certainly am not the one jumping through semantic hoops.

You say the rule of capture grants you ownership. Then it really shouldn't be hard to define what you think "ownership" means. I'm curious to hear what it means to you and others.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby Underradar » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:23 pm

From Black's Law Dictionary:

OWNERSHIP
The legal right to enjoy, occupy, possess, rent, sell, use, donate or destroy property to which one has a lawful claim or title.

From Me: Restrictions may apply.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Helping the title a little! :biggrin: :biggrin:

"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Well then. There you have it. Next deer I hit I'm suing the state for damages.
WOLVERINES

assateague

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum