Duck Hunting Forum banner

New to waterfowl hunting

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  vincentpa 
#1 ·
Hey guys!,

I am new to the this forum as well as waterfowl hunting in general. I am looking to start hunting waterfowl and I have a few spots in mind that I may scout this weekend.
I would really appreciate some pointers on what to look for/how to scout them?? Like I said I am very new to waterfowl hunting and I'm not really sure what I am doing.
I have been mostly a deer, turkey, pheasant, and small game most of my life and I wanted to try something new. I also wouldn't mind tagging along with some of you guys if you didn't mind. I'm not trying to steal anyone's spots just want to to know what I'm getting into before I drop money on decoys and such! I would much rather tag along on a hunt rather than pointers but anything helps!

Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
That's from out my way, I'm in Burrell. I have my seasons pretty much filled with hunting buddies and youth hunting. I know of a few guys from out that way who'd probably team up, they're just getting started. If you get some scouting in, and they do too, you guys could probably scratch out a decent season neat home.

I'm not going to point out spots, but I hunt near there sometimes. It's not a awesome area, but if your local, you can find a few to kill if you just sit and watch. Find water, away from houses, and just sit and watch. The further away from houses you get, the better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.