A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..
Moderators: Smackaduck, MM
This is Canada 's Top Ten List of America's Stupidity.
10) Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9) Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40% of all federal entitlements go to black Americans - 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!
8) Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of
7) Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6) Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and
pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
5) Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as
4) Only in America ... could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3) Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas
went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis
shoes ( Nike ).
2) Only in America ... could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a
Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
1) Only in America ... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:57 pm
- Location: Texas Coast
Those are all good points, and frankly to sad of a commentary to be called humor.
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff
He works for free! Who's the B now?
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am
Hey Canada, suck one. We already know.
- Posts: 2587
- Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 9:23 pm
- Location: Roaming the Grasslands
clampdaddy wrote:Hey Canada, suck one. We already know.
So true. Although most Canadian I meet are rockin' nice people.
All this for a bowl of borscht.
- Posts: 8568
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
- Location: San Jose, CA
That is way too true. Its not funny its sad
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark
Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
- Posts: 1821
- Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:11 am
Makes you want to vomit. This country has become a sad place to live.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:25 am
- Location: North Carolina
Return to Controversial Issues Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: charlie beard, duckbusta11, ScaupHunter, SpinnerMan and 4 guests