sept goose

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

sept goose

Postby Gcdhunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:58 pm

So last night I was finally able to get out for some Sept geese. Our wonderful state has for this season let us take 15 birds, hunt with no plugs and hunt 1/2hour after sunset. A couple weeks ago I loaded up some 1 1/4oz of BBs in the lbc50 wad in some 3" black cloud hulls. All I can say is this load is devastating on geese inside 50yds. Every goose I connected with was stone dead when it hit the ground. No chasing them around wasting more shells. I gotta say it is weird shooting in the dark after sunset. ended up with 7 but as always should've had a few more if my shooting was on

I hate goose poop on my golf course
Gcdhunter
hunter

Re: sept goose

Postby Gcdhunter » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 pm

woops wrong forum should've been in goose hunting forum
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Well done . Those liberal limits on geese sure make it enticing to come visit you guys for some early Canada shooting . I`m just having a hard time getting my head wrapped around hunting waterfowl with the temps in the 90`s. Sure does look like you had fun though .
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:51 pm

We rarely get temps in the 90's, even in july. Our average high in sept is around 70 and lows go into the 40's.Actually it is pretty comfortable hunting weather in the morning. Our late duck season runs in late dec and jan where highs are in the teens. Its freakin cold
Gcdhunter
hunter

Postby bighillbilly » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:06 am

Hey GCD - nice work. I have to agree that shooting 1/2 hour after sunset is hard to get used to. Brings new meaning to the phrase "they never saw it coming"...
bighillbilly
hunter

Postby Gcdhunter » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm

It's great for hunting those roosting ponds that you never get a shot at the late arriving birds. The hard thing is seeing em
Gcdhunter
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum