Alright who was it???

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Alright who was it???

Postby ctdeathfrombelow » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Which one of you guys posted this ad?
Moron trying to sell his boat on craigslist posts a pic of a dead cormorant.....
http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/boa/4054281668.html
ctdeathfrombelow
hunter

Re: Alright who was it???

Postby tubbalowski » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Do you like my boat?
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby sssurfertim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Looks like a LOON in winter plumage. This post made my day :lol3: call the guy and tell him nice Mallard!
No island leaft for Islanders like me.
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:58 pm

i was going to say it looked more like a loon as well.....it is probably one of those jerks from CT that comes over to hunt NY..... you know the guys, that the harbor master has banned ........

the Harbor masters office is behind the beach 100 yards away from where these jerks hunted... and it is less than 100 yards across the boat channel.....insane...and they were hammering Buffleheads......

it must be the same guy ha ha ha ha

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby sssurfertim » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:28 am

Looks like a classic buffloon choke point! Buffloons are Wiley quarry.
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby brampus » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Bob,
I've seen guy's on the little rock pile outside of otter creek and thought that was close. Were they anchored to the fishing pier.
Morons like that are going to close down all of the harbors, I don't know if it's ignorance of arrogance but people don't seem to have any common since. Remember we are guest and our privileges can be revoked.
brampus
hunter

Postby gooseseeker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Right on Brampus,and it does look more like a loon which makes offense even worse,guess they lost their duck ID book.Don't advertise your mistakes,they should have to eat the loon,then it wont go to waste!Waterfowlers are under the most pressure of all hunted game because the Feds. are involved so lets take this seriously with no jokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We don't need any bad press at all,anyone that knows these guys should ream thieir a$$es out but good.
gooseseeker
hunter

Postby duckdoyle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:56 am

the new post on craigslist has 1 less picture on it. I guess they heard the news about this post. :thumbsup:
duckdoyle
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:20 am

duckdoyle wrote:the new post on craigslist has 1 less picture on it. I guess they heard the news about this post. :thumbsup:

he has a new ad up, and the price is now $300 more!! must be to accommodate that fine he got for posting the poached loon !! ha ha ha

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Un-freakin-real.....

Rosario....hmmmmmm
Sounds....... ahh forget it...you know what I mean...

He ate it..

mas arroz por favor
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby sstermer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:21 pm

I hope someone alerted the DEC. :mad:
Pass the tradition, introduce a child to the outdoors.
sstermer
hunter

Postby duckdoyle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am

you don't have to call them.....they monitor these sites.....
duckdoyle
hunter

Postby BayMan718 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:12 am

said boat...not only poaches cormorants...but brant as well... :mad:

this looks very very close to the boat that was posted about at noreast.com a few season back dropping off 3 limits of brant to a truck at woodmere dock then going back out and shooting more brant...

i also photographed said boat with 3 guys overshooting brant across from bay park...ill have to see if i can find the pics...boat matches it to a tee...

if i recall the dec and town warden nabbed them with twice the legal limit and they were of russian or eastern european decent...

wonder if its the same guys but im very sure its the same boat!
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading "

Thomas Jefferson
BayMan718
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:36 am

BayMan718 wrote:said boat...not only poaches cormorants...but brant as well... :mad:
this looks very very close to the boat that was posted about at noreast.com a few season back dropping off 3 limits of brant to a truck at woodmere dock then going back out and shooting more brant...
i also photographed said boat with 3 guys overshooting brant across from bay park...ill have to see if i can find the pics...boat matches it to a tee...
if i recall the dec and town warden nabbed them with twice the legal limit and they were of russian or eastern european decent...
wonder if its the same guys but im very sure its the same boat!

You have to be kidding me.....I have been fighting with those MF'ers since I was a kid.
They are either Latvian or Armenian...they are from NYC and roll in a black Hummer with the Guido (well, I guess Latvian) set up.
They all look like number runners in Adidas workout suits...they shoot everything and are inhuman...
If you see those guys. CALL CALL CALL
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby sssurfertim » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Ahh you sink you owna dis place!
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:53 pm

sssurfertim wrote:Ahh you sink you owna dis place!

THAT's the guy...exactly
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 pm

sssurfertim wrote:Ahh you sink you owna dis place!

I went back and found my original post on these Holes.....

It's a good one...

So, however, why-ever, I do not know, but a small group of guys have discovered my chunk of the bay and over the last 10 years we duke it out. They are no doubt from the city and trade in their Adidas Workout suits for waders and come to my back yard now and then to SHOOT, not hunt. The area is exclusively accessible by boat, but if you sneak around through people's yards you can get in, pretty much illegally. So me an the Eel Flinger are set up in meadow boxes for a sure shot Brant hunt (over the new deeks we made that are great.) We are all set up and drinking coffee and out from the dark comes the $h!t wagon with 2 guys paddling. I knew they were on there way to the top point up from us, that we left open so the birds could skirt the tip and key in on us. I told them not to go to the point and cut us off, but from the "yes, yes, happy time" response, I knew they didn't know what the he!! I was talking about. So sure enough, the set up around the edge, sky bust geese, and we are waiting for the brant to get up with the tide and without a doubt, come right in. We are 2 hours into the hunt, waiting, calling, waiting, but it's gonna happen. A guy goes by in a boat, the brant get up, and go the complete other way. Perplexed, I stand up and see my two friends from the "men's soccer/social club" dragging their canoe 25 yards behind us, towards us! We stand up and put our hands in the air and they say, "yes, yes, Christmas, yes?" Needless to say, I freak. So basically, they paddled through our rig within 10 minutes of legal shooting, spook everything with overshooting, ruin our chance at the brant and then mouth off on their way back to the ramp. Something like 'you shhhpeaka like you's owning dis place!"
So the reality is this, we all know that none of us own any of this. But if you know that a place is "that guys place" have some respect. Don't quote the rule book because you got up late and don't put your time in.
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Lead Shot Only » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:41 am

toolmaker wrote:i was going to say it looked more like a loon as well.....it is probably one of those jerks from CT that comes over to hunt NY..... you know the guys, that the harbor master has banned ........

the Harbor masters office is behind the beach 100 yards away from where these jerks hunted... and it is less than 100 yards across the boat channel.....insane...and they were hammering Buffleheads......

it must be the same guy ha ha ha ha

the tool

Yo tool
Why you gotta hate on the CT boys.....? Look, just because we don't target hen buffies like you do, don't be mad at us. See you at the ramps this winter? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
1 grebe
1 cormorant
1 sea gull assist
Lead Shot Only
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:49 am

Well, between your Pseudonym and your sign off at the bottom, I guess you might be the guy he's talking about...
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:46 am

there is a difference between the waterfowlers from CT and the Jerks from CT...... don't you wish you were a waterfowler?

ya think you might get to use the ramp this year???????????????????????????????????????

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby NortherPride » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:59 pm

toolmaker wrote:there is a difference between the waterfowlers from CT and the Jerks from CT...... don't you wish you were a waterfowler?

ya think you might get to use the ramp this year???????????????????????????????????????

the tool

I aint a waterfowler bob! Im a killer! :grooving:
NortherPride
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Wow......I guess we have our man..
So what DID you end up getting for that boat? And how was the loon stew?
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby longlakesd » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:51 pm

In no way do I support breaking the law especially when it comes to hunting, but cormorants are everywhere and APHIS hires interns to kill these birds all day on Oneida Lake and elsewhere. I was at Onondaga lake the other day at the Honeywell site and have never seen so many. Still stupid.
Impeach Cuomo .... sign this petition

http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/?
longlakesd
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting