Form 4457

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Form 4457

Postby Steiger87 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 am

First trip to Canada I think I have the paper work getting into Canada squared away. My question is for you guys who have been many time's what about crossing back into the US? Do you half to have the form 4457 filled out an stamped? If so what all do you guys list on the form? Thanks In advance.
Steiger87
hunter

Re: Form 4457

Postby F250 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 am

I suggest you stop at the American Customs prior to entering Canada. The Form 4457 has only one copy - yours. Customs does not file the form. You should list any firearms you are taking into Canada. Some folks also list their more expensive binoculars, cameras, etc. I live one mile from the Quebec border, and cross several times each week during the hunting season. I only list my firearms on the Form 4457. If you do not have the completed and stamped Form 4457 when you return to the USA, be prepared for a long wait inside to Customs Station while they run computer checks on you firearms. You do not need to obtain a new Form 4457 each year. The stamped form is good for life.
F250
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting