Looking for a little help

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Looking for a little help

Postby brampus » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:06 pm

I'm scouting new areas in NY and I've come to a area that looks like state land and has small blus signs maybe 4"x4" that say State Conservation Area. Can you hunt in those areas? I called the DEC office and being a holiday weekend the office on the phone was not sure about what the sign ment. There are no posted signs and there were a couple of Pick ups with NRA bumper stickers so I thing they were deer hunting. Any information would be great.
Thankyou in advance Brampus
brampus
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:51 am

Does the sign have the circle picture like I've posted here on it?

If so then yes. To tell you the truth I've never actually read what is on the signs, but they are small and square, and have that circle icon on them. Also, if when you're up here, if you stop by one of the DEC offices, alot of them have flyers/broucures, with the maps and information on certain tracts of state land that are helpful.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby brampus » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:10 pm

Thankyou CLUTCHfan,

That is exactly what the sign has on it, I've gone on the DEC website and found many areas that are state land and I've found many more areas that are not even listed on the DEC website. I usually go by if it's not posted you can hunt but I usually try to find the land owner and make sure. No body in the whole area knew the land owner or if it was state land but the knew people hunted there. Thanks again

Brampus
brampus
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting