Cinnamon teal?

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: ghostingrey, randy marci, quackadikt

Cinnamon teal?

Postby frogskins01 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Does anyone know where I can bag one I've only seen one in Los lunas I really want to mount one
frogskins01
hunter

Re: Cinnamon teal?

Postby coachflorey » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm

I have seen them harvested along the Pecos River here in SOutheast NM.
coachflorey
Newb

Postby desert water fowler » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:40 pm

I got 2 one day a couple of years ago in el paso when I was there haven't been able to get out hunting since I moved to ABQ last october so maybe more south of here trying ti go this season!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
desert water fowler
hunter

Postby jrabq » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:34 pm

I've shot a few at La Joya over the years, but not exactly abundant. Seem to be more prevalent later in the season. Sometimes see a few at the larger reservoir further south.
jrabq
hunter

Postby frogskins01 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Cool thanks for the help hopefully ill be able to get one this year and post a pic
frogskins01
hunter

Postby quackadikt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 am

I hunt all over southern NM and I haven't seen one during hunting season in the 2 seasons that I've lived here. I see them EVERYWHERE in Feb-April. It's really hard to not snipe one in March when they are plummed out perfectly :biggrin: . I'm still waiting for one to slip up and show himself before the end of Jan.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold
quackadikt
State Moderator

Location: The Irrirgation Canal formerly known as the Rio Grande

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting