great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:32 pm

I was in Wally World the other day and I swear they had some kind of a duck hunting "kit". Decoys and other what not's in a cardboard box. :thumbsup: :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:44 pm


Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby pamlicopounder » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:16 am

Sounds like most of you are idiots. why would you go to the most crowded place in nc and get there at 1 set up at 4 and watch everyone fill in around you. thats why i came in on plane through all the ditches at 5:30 to see there area i was going to hunt with 8 groups in a 3 group area. i waded through 3 groups of decoys being cussed the whole way got to where i had no one in front of me and put out decoys 5 min before shooting time. we killed a few yes. we sky blasted every one! only reason for that was because everyone else was too. im not saying how i do it is right or wrong im just saying why go at 1 to have a but like me come cut you off at light. thats why we shot what we did and you didnt. :umm: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :thumbsup: :beer: i hunt out there over 60 days a season. if you want to play a game know how to play it. cause thats all it is in there now a big dumb game.
pamlicopounder
hunter
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 am

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:49 am

I disagree. They are ALL idiots out there! :yes:

I'm waiting on the big screw up this season. Somebody is going to get hurt out there or worse. It's a terrible thing to say but it's bound to happen. :sad:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby EastBound&Down » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:40 am

pamlicopounder wrote:Sounds like most of you are idiots. why would you go to the most crowded place in nc and get there at 1 set up at 4 and watch everyone fill in around you. thats why i came in on plane through all the ditches at 5:30 to see there area i was going to hunt with 8 groups in a 3 group area. i waded through 3 groups of decoys being cussed the whole way got to where i had no one in front of me and put out decoys 5 min before shooting time. we killed a few yes. we sky blasted every one! only reason for that was because everyone else was too. im not saying how i do it is right or wrong im just saying why go at 1 to have a but like me come cut you off at light. thats why we shot what we did and you didnt. :umm: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :thumbsup: :beer: i hunt out there over 60 days a season. if you want to play a game know how to play it. cause thats all it is in there now a big dumb game.

Damn straight :thumbsup:
Cut my teeth out there years ago fighting the regulars and locals who were using those same tactics. Most of the time I got stepped on, but it sure did feel good every once in a while when I would show them boys up. It's either adapt or be run over out there. For all you whiners and complainers, deal with it or don't go to the show.
EastBound&Down
hunter
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby MSparks909 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:55 am

Hunted the Goose Creek gamelands this morning. Much less crowds than last week.
MSparks909
hunter
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: 35ºN, 77ºW

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby trigger22 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:What is everyone complaining about? What do you expect for $5.00? :lol3:


Don't you mean "free"? Unless things have changed over the years, teal season is free no permit required....I don't know for a fact, could care less because you won't catch me in that zoo...
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
User avatar
trigger22
hunter
 
Posts: 1371
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby pamlicopounder » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:10 pm

hunted pp today. no birds and twice the crowds of opening day. :biggrin:
pamlicopounder
hunter
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 am

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby cut'um » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:21 pm

If y'all want to hunt any state public impoundments then hunt on Tuesdays when everybody is working. What do you expect when Saturdays for most are when everyone is off. All the guys who put their time in and the Jr duck commanders just starting have the same right to be out there.
cut'um
hunter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Why would anyone really want to hunt public waterfowl areas anyway? I am amazed that people will drive half-way across the state to hunt a GL for basically a half day? Are things getting that bad out there? :huh:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby shell drake » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:07 am

So yall know what it is you are getting into why do you all keep going back for more?
shell drake
hunter
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby EastBound&Down » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:30 am

shell drake wrote:So yall know what it is you are getting into why do you all keep going back for more?

Years ago it used to be worth the hassle before the jr commanders came into play. Basically have written the place off because there are plenty of other places to hunt that are easier and don't have the baggage of all the drama. One of the last times I was at PP the GW's were doing a body recovery of a middle aged man who over exerted himself in the mud and had a heart attack.
EastBound&Down
hunter
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby Paul26 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:02 pm

That really is bad.
Paul26
hunter
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby TooTall » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm

EastBound&Down wrote:
shell drake wrote:So yall know what it is you are getting into why do you all keep going back for more?

Years ago it used to be worth the hassle before the jr commanders came into play. Basically have written the place off because there are plenty of other places to hunt that are easier and don't have the baggage of all the drama. One of the last times I was at PP the GW's were doing a body recovery of a middle aged man who over exerted himself in the mud and had a heart attack.


Not gonna lie, I busted out laughing until I remembered that this really happened. I couldn't imagine hunting that place without a paddle boat.
Garrett Trentham
User avatar
TooTall
hunter
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby cjad » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Based on your first post I thought you were not going back
cjad
hunter
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:39 am

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby Giant Killer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:58 am

I won't go back in PP until the NCWRC decides to drain it, re-plant it, and re-flood it. Right now you've got a bunch of pluff mud and little to no habitat for the ducks. The only purpose it serves is an area for the birds to loaf and rest, get off the big water and away from the boat traffic. Once all the headlights, marsh boats, etc. converge on the place they jump up and fly across the ditch into JJ's with no reason to return.
Giant Killer
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 am

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby NCfowl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 am

Giant Killer wrote:I won't go back in PP until the NCWRC decides to drain it, re-plant it, and re-flood it. Right now you've got a bunch of pluff mud and little to no habitat for the ducks. The only purpose it serves is an area for the birds to loaf and rest, get off the big water and away from the boat traffic. Once all the headlights, marsh boats, etc. converge on the place they jump up and fly across the ditch into JJ's with no reason to return.



This just hit the nail on the head!! Thank you for saying that! :hammer:
NCfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby EastBound&Down » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:56 am

Giant Killer wrote:I won't go back in PP until the NCWRC decides to drain it, re-plant it, and re-flood it. Right now you've got a bunch of pluff mud and little to no habitat for the ducks. The only purpose it serves is an area for the birds to loaf and rest, get off the big water and away from the boat traffic. Once all the headlights, marsh boats, etc. converge on the place they jump up and fly across the ditch into JJ's with no reason to return.

Agree 100%
From my observation a few years ago when the NCWRC did the "maintenance" and dug the ditches in some of the impoundments, all that was accomplished was killing off all the grass and leaving nothing but mud flats.
No food = no ducks
Probably intentionally done to limit hunter success on game lands.....
EastBound&Down
hunter
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby ducking&diving » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Sounds like Scooter needs to weld him on a bigger $ box! 38 boats at the ramp! If anyone sees him tell him if he puts a little face paint dispenser attached to the honor box and charge five for that too = Gold Mine
Springing Flying Fish are good practice in the off season
ducking&diving
hunter
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby NCfowl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:26 pm

If anyone sees him tell him if he puts a little face paint dispenser attached to the honor box and charge five for that too = Gold Mine[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :beer: :clapping: Well said sir
NCfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby pamlicopounder » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:49 pm

NCfowl wrote:If anyone sees him tell him if he puts a little face paint dispenser attached to the honor box and charge five for that too = Gold Mine


:lol: :lol: :beer: :clapping: Well said sir[/quote]
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:
pamlicopounder
hunter
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 am

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby qwakerwhaker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 pm

I only saw four game wardens at PP this year. Last year it was six. And there was only five boats in Boat Creek so I guess the rest were outside of it. Spent last weekend in GA and it wasn't much different except we killed more birds. Saw some black ducks get whacked at PP and in GA too. Sooner or later, we are going to get some "change" we don't want.
qwakerwhaker
hunter
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby ducking&diving » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Boats don't have to be in Boat creek to have hunters in impoundments
Springing Flying Fish are good practice in the off season
ducking&diving
hunter
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: Eastern NC

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby qwakerwhaker » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:49 am

I know about the boats and people inside the impoundments and where the boats are parked outside the impoundments from hunting there for years now. The impoundments are in rough shape when it come to duck food as well. Bottom line, not everyone that hunts there is a tool or grew up hunting in that area.
qwakerwhaker
hunter
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby Shurshot » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 am

What kind of duck food are you talking about, or lack there of? Planting it in what kind of food?
Shurshot
hunter
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 6:50 am
Location: NC

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby acannon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 am

I'm pretty sure you can blame NC sportsman magazine for that madness. I've seen it happen to many a fishin spot I have fished around here all my life. They do one article and all of the sudden everyone from here to Raleigh are all pro trout fishermen trying to anchor up and cast in the same spot.
acannon
hunter
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:49 am

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: echoduck and 18 guests