Howdy Yall

Share your opinions, reply to posts and meet others in the South Carolina duck hunting forum.

Howdy Yall

Postby Boykinboy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Hey yall. This is my first post on here, just thought id introduce myself. I love to fish, and be on the water. So i decided to take up duck hunting. Not because of Duck Dynasty, but because I adore the outdoors and being on the water. Im 15, and from Charleston. This is my first season shooting ducks and its been long anticipated. Im striving to learn my sh** before i go so im not just a dumb rubberhead! Anybody got tips, tricks advice or wants to hunt Im all ears!
Boykinboy
hunter

Re: Howdy Yall

Postby JEJA92 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:38 am

Your 15 years old and you decided to take up duck hunting. I'm guessing this is your first season. This makes you a rubber head hands down. :clapping:
JEJA92
hunter

Postby Edge » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:30 am

Be carefull, it may ruin your life. Duck hunting can be addictive.
Edge
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:41 am

If you know the water I can definately help you out with the duck hunting part. I'll be down in Feb and looking for some people to hunt with. Send me a PM if you have any questions, i've been doing this a long time and have a couple tricks up my sleeve.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby Stump Jumper SC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Welcome Boykinboy! 15 years old you say?? I hope you have been hunting with your dad since you were 7 or 8! To just "start" duck hunting at 15 is going to be tough! Might even be unsafe!! You need to get with an ADULT and learn the ropes. There is so much to learn in this sport. The biggest are RESPECT your fellow hunter and GUN SAFETY! Good luck to ya.
Stump Jumper SC
hunter

Postby Boykinboy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:59 pm

I knew I was gonna be a rubber head , you don't get a chance on here lol.
No unfortunately not, I wasn't born with a gun or a rod in my hand like some of y'all, I've taught it all to myself. I've been wanting to hunt for a while but I've never had my own boat before now.
Trust me, I'm about as gun safe as they come. I wish I could learn the ropes from somebody, but everybody's so darn tight lipped. I've read some stories on here about teenagers and that made me cringe. I strive to not be like that.
Boykinboy
hunter

Postby Sc Duck Commander » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:29 am

JEJA92 wrote:Your 15 years old and you decided to take up duck hunting. I'm guessing this is your first season. This makes you a rubber head hands down. :clapping:

X2
2012/2013 Season
Canada Geese : 6
GWT:
BWT:
Woodies:
Hoodies:
Ringnecks:
Mallards:
Sc Duck Commander
hunter

Postby Sc Duck Commander » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:32 am

First get you a damn good job bc you about to spend a ass load of money
2012/2013 Season
Canada Geese : 6
GWT:
BWT:
Woodies:
Hoodies:
Ringnecks:
Mallards:
Sc Duck Commander
hunter

Postby Boykinboy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Sc Duck Commander wrote:First get you a damn good job bc you about to spend a ass load of money

Already got one, haddrells point and tackle WA.
Thanks for allllll the support guys
Boykinboy
hunter

Return to South Carolina Duck Hunting