MN 2013/2014 Seasons Photos

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Re: MN 2013/2014 Seasons Photos

Postby zzmoss » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Nice hillbilly! Now i have to do me some bacon wraps this weekend..... :thumbsup:
zzmoss
hunter

Postby pondhopper32 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:08 am

So I hunted a new lake up near Big Sandy, had no idea how it would be. We set up in a spot that I thought we would be mostly pass shooting, had the long range choke in and 15 minutes after we set up this guy comes right into the decoys. I didn't even think about it just aimed and shot. Needless to say there was no ground swat needed. I was pretty bummed because it was such a cool looking bird, my first full color drake redhead. The rest of the hunt was a bust, not much flying in that area this weekend.
Last edited by pondhopper32 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pondhopper32
hunter

Postby xrated » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:36 am

pondhopper,

Were you in a narrow funnel/choke point area?
Run What Ya Brung
xrated
hunter

Postby mauserfan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Re; Pondhopper photo - Just my .02 but I don't think we really need these types of photos. A description is fine...we get it....mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
mauserfan
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I agree ^
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:01 am

hillbilly, Your lagging we need some fresh pictures :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:11 pm

sorry guys. we went out today and I don't know the ducks and geese kept sliding off to the side. missed first mallard then had a rocket teal come in and we started shootin and she went straight up got her though hen gw then buddy went out to get it and he said behind you I lookd back and had a hen woody tryin to sneak behind me waitd for her to clear the trees and let her have it and I actually got her it was a good/tough shot. had another duck come blazin in and 5 shots later the duck flew away laughin. there were ducks in the area but they don't want anything to do with my spread I don't know if its a number game or wat.

so we only ended up with the 2.

so these are the only pics I got today. But in 48hours I will have the next 7 days off of work for strickly duck hunting.

hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Wish us luck fellas. Heading to North Dakota in 12 hours... Hope our timing is good... :wink:

hillbilly
Nick pics! You should leave the make-up-putin'-on to the wife...

You need practice. :grooving:

Have a great 7. Shoot straight and be safe.

West bound and down, loaded up and truckin'...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby pondhopper32 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:05 pm

mauserfan wrote:Re; Pondhopper photo - Just my .02 but I don't think we really need these types of photos. A description is fine...we get it....mauser

Woodrow03 wrote:I agree ^

I removed the pic. Certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone. I don't want to get into a debate here but I have seen pictures of blown up birds on this forum in the past. It's something no one intends or wants to have happen, but it does happen. I get the desire to show our sport in a positive light and I can assure you all that a firm respect for waterfowl and the sport of waterfowling is at the core of my passion. This is the reason I joined this forum in the first place, because I saw posts from like minded people who share the same passion. Here's another pic of the bird from a different angle, hope you find it more PC.....
Attachments
Redhead 4.jpg
pondhopper32
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:07 pm

pondhopper32 wrote:
mauserfan wrote:Re; Pondhopper photo - Just my .02 but I don't think we really need these types of photos. A description is fine...we get it....mauser

I removed the pic. Certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone. I don't want to get into a debate here but I have seen pictures of blown up birds on this forum in the past. It's something no one intends or wants to have happen, but it does happen. I get the desire to show our sport in a positive light and I can assure you all that a firm respect for waterfowl and the sport of waterfowling is at the core of my passion. This is the reason I joined this forum in the first place, because I saw posts from like minded people who share the same passion. Here's another pic of the bird from a different angle, hope you find it more PC.....

You didn't do anything against forum rules. Nice update though. :thumbsup:

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 pm

I just talked to guy that got back for 12 bucks for four guys. All local ducks nothing what's the decoy
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Northcoast » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:17 pm

pondhopper32 wrote:

Sometimes a little carnage is just the nature of the beast nobody intends on it but it happens you didn't hurt my feelings man!
Northcoast
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:55 pm

I had the choice of a trying to get a girlfriend, or take the minivan to school with me and trying to shoot ducks. I decided shooting ducks was the better investment.

Had a nightmare this morning. Downed 3 birds and only recovered on. The two I lost were divers and did the whole dive and come up out of gun range game and went through about 14 shells on the 3 birds and only got one of them. Absolute nightmare, I hate losing cripples. The one I did get was nice drake redhead tho so that was kinda cute.

My life is in disarray right now. My spots have all gone stagnant, and the birds I've been seeing aren't decoying, they're all on a point A to point B kind of flight.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby goldfish » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:04 pm

Well, decided to run out west on a whim today. Just before the morning duck flurry happens, I realized my dog was no longer next to us in the brush. Spent the next half hour frantically looking for her on a 200+ish acre wma. She ended up by the car. That was a first as she has never ran off before. Well, the ducks were over so we put on the orange and chased the roosters that were taunting us all morning. Walked the edge of the pond and all of a sudden I see a rooster crouched down on the very top of a clump. I call my dog over to have her jump him and in my excitement about the bird/my dog kicking it up, I completely miss. I usually know where I placed my shots (whether or not it was a correct placement is another thing) but I have zero recollection on those. Thankfully my buddy is a good shot and dropped it, right in the pond. After some coaxing, my poorly trained Labrador leaver brought the bird back. The tail feathers on this thing were ridiculously long, but the bird was small, and now completely water logged and nasty looking. Went to a different wma where along the shore we kicked up a wigeon hen. Buddy dropped that one and I send my dog out to get that one. Well, apparently the left wing and foot were all that were hit as it spun circles. My dog was trying to figure out her job with this thing when the bird figured out if it timed it's flapping/swimming it would get away. I called my dog back to get away from it and my buddy finished it off so I sent Bella back out for it. She was pissed at it now and grabbed it quick and brought it back. We then continued to walk around the pond where my dog proceeded to jump about 10 birds with around 15 flushes. 7 of those came at once which was cool. Only got one rooster out of it.

Ended a long day with 2 pheasants and a duck, but it was my buddies first duck so he was happy
uploadfromtaptalk1383282240045.jpg

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:16 pm

Yeah its really scary when they up and dissappear like that. But you named your dog Bella? A Twilight fan perhaps?
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:27 pm

Wellnfor obvious reasons, he couldn't name her Edward, now could he?
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:30 pm

wanapasaki wrote:Wellnfor obvious reasons, he couldn't name her Edward, now could he?

Shiiiiiiet You could use any name from Twilight as a female name cause thats the most girly show of all time. Or movie. Or book, I can't keep all those vampire deals straight.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:54 pm

MinnesotaDan wrote:
wanapasaki wrote:Wellnfor obvious reasons, he couldn't name her Edward, now could he?

Shiiiiiiet You could use any name from Twilight as a female name cause thats the most girly show of all time. Or movie. Or book, I can't keep all those vampire deals straight.

The should make a Sci Fi love Romance with zombies instead...That could get steamy :hammer:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:30 am

I'm SD bound. Just a bit over 3 hours until shooting time.
Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:39 am

Swamp Gas wrote:I'm SD bound. Just a bit over 3 hours until shooting time.

MinnisO-duh!
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Swamp Gas » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am

Oh ya ubetcha.
Swamp Gas
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:59 am

Doncha kno!
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:57 am

wanapasaki wrote:
MinnesotaDan wrote:

The should make a Sci Fi love Romance with zombies instead...That could get steamy :hammer:

I think thats already been done lol
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby goldfish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:13 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:Yeah its really scary when they up and dissappear like that. But you named your dog Bella? A Twilight fan perhaps?

She had the name from the family I picked her up from at 4 months old and she knew her name already. It's not a name I would have picked, but it's not horrible. Other than every other dog having that name now.

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:16 am

Where were you out west? I'm thinking of taking friday off from school since I'm gonna be in that general area to deer hunt on saturday anyways.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting