MN 2013/2014 Seasons Photos

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

Re: MN 2013/2014 Seasons Photos

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Has anyone checked on hillbilly lately? Maybe someone should call him to see if he's ok. I haven't seen any pics of him in like 4 days.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Crap...I need to find some open water
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby jpeterson117 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:06 pm

beretta24 wrote:Crap...I need to find some open water

Its freezing fast....
jpeterson117
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:46 pm

First time sleeping in past 5am since opener.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:56 am

MinnesotaDan wrote:Has anyone checked on hillbilly lately? Maybe someone should call him to see if he's ok. I haven't seen any pics of him in like 4 days.

Agree :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Well...my duck season is over. Scouted last night and cannot find an open boat landing around here. Many of the larger lakes are open but the accesses all have at least 4" + of ice and breaking through would be near impossible. In addition, while looking for open water, I didn't see any ducks either. I am sure there awesome mallards and divers out in the middle of the lakes, but I can't see them.

Luckily StuStiltman took me out on a goose hunt this morning. Dropped one nice honker, but not much gave us a look. Saw lots of geese but I guess we just weren't on the "x".

I hope you guys are seeing more down south and are able to access them. Good luck on the end of your season!

By the way...just a reminder to be safe. Heard today that a boat of two duck hunters capsized on Lake Washington in Meeker County. Fortunately two other hunters heard the yells for help and the only thing lost was some equipment. Be cautious and stay alive.
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:15 pm

That sucks Andy...I'm doing likely my last lake hunt tomorrow am with firefighter....

Then I just have one weekend left.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby suicidal_scaup » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:35 pm

It does...but on the flip side, I will sleep past 4am on a weekend for the first time in months...!

Who am I kidding, my biological clock will still wake me up then I'll be screwed cause I will have to work around the house. Maybe I should just get up and sit at a landing for fun...
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:37 pm

suicidal_scaup wrote:It does...but on the flip side, I will sleep past 4am on a weekend for the first time in months...!

Who am I kidding, my biological clock will still wake me up then I'll be screwed cause I will have to work around the house. Maybe I should just get up and sit at a landing for fun...

Go ice fishing :thumbsup:

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:38 pm

By the (I'm getting ideas) how long is your rig from hitch to motor?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Woodrow03 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:39 pm

I plan on hitting it hard all next week. On vacation all week.

Just have to finish watching the last oak leaf fall off the tree in front of my stand tomorrow morning.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:20 am

suicidal_scaup wrote:Well...my duck season is over. Scouted last night and cannot find an open boat landing around here. Many of the larger lakes are open but the accesses all have at least 4" + of ice and breaking through would be near impossible. In addition, while looking for open water, I didn't see any ducks either. I am sure there awesome mallards and divers out in the middle of the lakes, but I can't see them.

Luckily StuStiltman took me out on a goose hunt this morning. Dropped one nice honker, but not much gave us a look. Saw lots of geese but I guess we just weren't on the "x".

I hope you guys are seeing more down south and are able to access them. Good luck on the end of your season!
By the way...just a reminder to be safe. Heard today that a boat of two duck hunters capsized on Lake Washington in Meeker County. Fortunately two other hunters heard the yells for help and the only thing lost was some equipment. Be cautious and stay alive.

My seasons over also, I put the boat away this morning. As Suicidal Scaup said we were not on the x, all you field hunters can relate to that, thousands of geese around but I couldn't get permission to hunt the "x" fields or even the better traffic fields. We gave it our best and had 1 decent chance at 3 high flying geese, Suicidal Scaup made a very nice shot on the biggest one, clean headshot at maybe 45 to 50 yards. Impressive, especially since it was his first time shooting out of layout blind. I may get out next Saturday but probably not. In all it was a fun year, not great numbers but I got to hunt with some great guys. I'm looking forward to first ice, hopefully I'll be fishing in a couple weeks.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Woodrow03
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:28 pm

If you get a duck with that thing I will be impressed.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Woodrow03 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Just had a flock of geese pass over the tree tops.
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:14 pm

yes im still alive since I had people askin lol... I just took a week off to recoupe..... note to self for good stories write them down right away because some of the best parts of the hunt will be forgot. if I would have wrote day for day you guys would have actually felt you were there with me.....Im still tryin to find time to write it down. ill get pics up tonight but I worn all it is very picture heavy and I need some help I have acouple videos but don't know how to load them so you can watch them straight to the page so you don't have to go to another page??.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:27 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:yes im still alive since I had people askin lol... I just took a week off to recoupe..... note to self for good stories write them down right away because some of the best parts of the hunt will be forgot. if I would have wrote day for day you guys would have actually felt you were there with me.....Im still tryin to find time to write it down. ill get pics up tonight but I worn all it is very picture heavy and I need some help I have acouple videos but don't know how to load them so you can watch them straight to the page so you don't have to go to another page??.

Do you have them on youtube?
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:28 pm

no there on my computer and ones on my phone
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

If you make an account on youtube, I think you will be able to figure out how to upload them for the one on your computer. I haven't done it in a while but its pretty easy. If you have a smart phone you should be able to upload them right to youtube off your phone, depending on what kind of phone you have.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:15 pm

yea that's the thing I don't wanta put them up on youtube there just qwick clips
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:55 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:yea that's the thing I don't wanta put them up on youtube there just qwick clips

I'm not sure what you could do then. I think Photobucket might let you upload vids if you'd rather do that.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:25 pm

SO my "vacation" started at 6am nov 7 Monday after I worked a 12hr shift. The wife has been on me to redo the bathroom on the main floor and clean the garage for the birthday party on Saturday. SO I tape the celing and take the trim off and I start to paint and after about 4 rolls I relize I grabed the wrong paint. So I wash out the roller and tray and get the right paint. I get the walls painted up right to the stool I go to shut the water off and water starts spraying every were! Great now I gota do pluming work also. SO I go down stairs and look to see what im in for and yep. Copper line about 3/4" below a pvc pipe. I head out the the garage and check my supplies, I got pipe, torch, little bit of soder and of course not Im out of flux and shut off valves. about this point the wife calls and im getting a little bucky. I end up pissin her off and she hangs up on me. I make my way up to the hardware store that's only 2 1/2 blocks away convenite yes prices not a chance. get back home shut the main off let the water drain from the lines get the line cut which was a pain in the arss. run up stairs rip stool out, trip and fall into wet paint. Vulgar words escape my mouth. drag stool into dinning rom and then finish painting behind stool. Phone rings its the wife she explains to me that were not putting the cabinet back over the stool more vulgar words escape because now I need to mudd holes and uneven spots that the cabinet hid and once again she hangs up on me.. Well I hate mudding I hired a guy to mudd my second floor when I redid it because I wasted many hours and money trying to do it. I go get my tools and mix a tub of mudd and my first knife full as I raised it to put on wall slides off and comes running down my arm and on my shirt hits the floor and splatters on the paint job. this time I held the words in. I get that all cleand up and finally get what needs to be mudded. and put a fan on it all to dry. No I go and get the flooring she wants in which is linoleum that was left over from the nightmare of a bathroom on the second floor. I lay it out and Im lookin at it and saying aloud that looks a bit small. I go and measure and sure crap its short. NOw the vulgar words are really loud. The wife always wants these little projects done. Well she don't know what goes into them. like the second floor of a 100yrd old home but that's another story. SO after acouple min to cool down a I start to measure again. Im gona have to splice it. Well ive never done it before so its all by winging it from here on out I guess..... So lets just fast forward from here got the floor in new light fell into paint 2 more times. Got water line soderd back in also pain in ars.. and no leaks got stool back 98% of trim back up had to replace door trim because dog got hungry and ate it. I tell the wife to come look and say I hope your happy.. looks good and she walks off....that's it....well if you would have got it done when I ask you wouldn't have been rushed. Then I spend the next couple hours making sure all my gear is together. even thought I have it all together I allways feel like im gona forget something. put fresh batterys in light oil up gun put extra box of shells in bag. Then we put the kids to bed.. We opend up a bottle of wine thinkin im gona get some because of the good deed I did. well that was short lived. so I drink my 3 glasses and finish hers ( I have the redneck wine glasses masson jars on candle holders) by this time its 12am as I stumble up the stairs im thinkin wow im not gona get much sleep..................

to be continued......................
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Nice job on the bathroom hillbilly :thumbsup: Was enjoying the story so
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Skipped the family farm in SD this year due to bird count so low

Hit a game farm this am. Was fun watching the old Britt and young lab work together.
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Looks like a blast. I'll be heading to a farm in Cannon Falls Dec 1st with some buddies. They have different color phase birds like "blond" and "black" pheasants there. Never saw one until last year.

A Pair.jpg
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting