Early seasons

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Early seasons

Postby Bufflehead dude » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:21 am

How's everyone's early season? Mines started out ok ready to get out there and make it better!! ImageImage
Season total 2012 2013
Canada goose 1
Blue wing teal 1
Mallard 5
Wood duck 12
Hooded mergansers 3
Ringneck 1
Bufflehead 1
Blue bill 4
Bufflehead dude
hunter

Re: Early seasons

Postby KAhunter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:30 am

Hunted doves three times with three limits. Going back out this afternoon with my gf. going teal hunting friday and saturday. hoping to bust a few teal, but will be nice ot get out and over some decoys.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:43 am

We should have shot a 2 man limit of teal yesterday in northern n Carolina. But we both shot horrible. I will be going to the clay range then back out sat hopefully I shoot better. Damn little rocket ships flyin all fast and stuff. We ended up with 5 but we both shot close to 15 shells. In our defense it was all pass shooting, but every shot was within 30-35 yards
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby NCtroutbum » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 am

this is my driveway, i hunt for about 30 min a morning while i drink my cup of coffee before heading to work, mostly to get birds in her mouth and get her ready for the real fun :yes: :yes: :yes:

we shot a couple geese, acually over water :eek: , opening day. the dove really didnt make a move this year after i bailed my property.

hope some guys are knocking a few teal down at the coast, good luck to those who are putting time in the early season! :beer:
Attachments
daphne doves.jpg
NCtroutbum
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 am

Before the 15 bird limit, electronic calls etc etc etc we used to slaughter the geese in september.......sure do miss hunting them......... Really confused as to why we have a september season any more. There are hardly any geese left anywhere in my part of the state. I sure am having fun bow hunting though. The deer are moving good :thumbsup:
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting