SR40c

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

SR40c

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 am

Does anyone have one of these?

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr40c/index.html

I really like the way it feels in my hand with the grip extension floorplates.
The SR40c comes standard with a 9-round magazine, with interchangeable flush or finger
grip extension floorplates, an additional 9- or 15-round magazine,* featuring a grip extension adapter for a
full-sized feel is also included.

Im looking to get a midsized handgun to carry, after handling this one at the store I wanted to get everyone's opnion that has experience with is.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Re: SR40c

Postby Force Fetch » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:36 pm

I do not have a 40 but do have their 9 and the 40 just looks like its big brother.
I won he handgun and was going to sell it because I usally carry a .45 and am not a big fan of the 9mm. I decided to run a few clips out of it and it is now my primary carry piece. The gun has funtioned flawlessly from round one and many their after. Other than Ruger's loading assist, make that mandatory loading assist I love the gun. You will probably love it in the 40.
Shoot well and shoot often.
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Demo'd my father in law's sr9c for a few weeks...the spot at where the grip extension buts up to the magwell would pinch my finger while shooting. Tried shooting with the low capacity mag but my hands are too big and it didn't feel comfortable at all. Loved the finish and controls on the gun though.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 pm

tornadochaser wrote:Demo'd my father in law's sr9c for a few weeks...the spot at where the grip extension buts up to the magwell would pinch my finger while shooting. Tried shooting with the low capacity mag but my hands are too big and it didn't feel comfortable at all. Loved the finish and controls on the gun though.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

I was concerned about that. The fit on the extension is a little loose.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum