The kill hole

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

The kill hole

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:26 pm

What % of your geese come into the "kill Hole"? It seems like mine is about 40% or less. It seems like singles, doubles and triples almost always want to land on the edge of the spread and usually behind me. Flocks of 4-20 geese hit the hole about 50/50 and over 20 they seem to land all over the place...............

I can have 3 bunches come in and land behind the blind.... turn the blind around and the next 3 bunches will come in where I originally had the blind pointed.............. never fails.......... :huh:
dakotashooter2
hunter

Re: The kill hole

Postby Boatman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:33 pm

You must play the wind and the wind usually changes from before daybreak to after daybreak. I am sure you are aware of that. What we do is set our spread out in groups or big glob and on the down wind side set 2-4 high neck walkers in a line headed to the spread. We will land them at the walkers 80% of the time. When the wind changes you must change the spread. Not the blinds. If you have a constant changing wind then set up a giant X pattern. That will help combat a constant changing wind.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum