Clean up day - Anahuac

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Clean up day - Anahuac

Postby Duck Collector » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Maybe a mod can make this an announcement or something to where as many people can see it.

Clean up day, if any of you have hunted the anahuac/wallisville area, you know that there is an abundance of old blinds and blind post littering the marsh and river. We are going to try and get a group together and get out with chain saws to help us out with removeing these old posts. we are going to be working on short notice because of weather, winds, tides, etc...We really need people with air boats since we will be aiming for a day with strong northerns and a low tide. I would not be able to make it due to it having to be on short notice with work, weather and all, but my oldest is out there more than i am and knows the area way better than most people so i'll send him out to help. He wont be able to go where air boats can get but everything else should be able to get to with the surface drive. Lets shoot for early February since its after duck season is over but the northerns are still blowing hard enough to empty the bay.

Let me know if you would be willing to help and if i forgot anything feel free to add on :beer:
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Re: Clean up day - Anahuac

Postby justinsfa » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Count me in for February.

Kudos for pushing the issue! This will make navigating those areas safer for everyone, especially during those pre-dawn runs.

TPWD might want to be involved and has the equipment to help. Anybody have any contacts?
justinsfa
hunter

Postby 3CK » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 am

Do it the same week as the crab trap cleanup. 2 birds - 1 stone.
1854 Uncle J with Stage2 GTR
3CK
hunter

Postby justinsfa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 pm

Ya, if we could pair up with these folks for the crab trap cleanup, it would probably work out very well.

http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/v ... 98&t=34464
justinsfa
hunter

Postby :-) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 pm

3CK wrote:Do it the same week as the crab trap cleanup. 2 birds - 1 stone.

I'm in favor if this^. There are several people with airboats on the SA forum that are interested in helping.
:-)
hunter

Postby Duck Collector » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:06 pm

:-) wrote:
3CK wrote:Do it the same week as the crab trap cleanup. 2 birds - 1 stone.

I'm in favor if this^. There are several people with airboats on the SA forum that are interested in helping.

Talk to them and get them all on board and try to get a time frame set up
1860 Go Devil boat draging a 35GDSD
Hooked on Quack
Duck Collector
hunter

Postby :-) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Will do...I'll keep y'all posted.
:-)
hunter

Postby justinsfa » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:51 pm

I will provide everybody with heavy duty, linered industrial PVC gloves and earplugs for the day.
justinsfa
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting