Duck Hunting Forum banner

TEAL!!!!!

8K views 130 replies 37 participants last post by  possumfoot 
#1 ·
THEY'RE BACK!!!!!

5-600 were sitting on the about 3 acres of water i have pumped so far.. i should have about 8 acres flooded by sat.. teal are thick on the lake and they are showing up in those nice groups of 150-200 birds.. seems they are breaking into small groups quickly and are looking to stay a while.. :yes:

would not be too suprised to see some greys and tails TM.. seen a few spoons and a couple mallards..

when the lake fires up sat moring, them poor lil birds are gonna retreat to the "safty" of that flooded corn.. :hammer:

#2 ·
Shoo a few on down the line, please. We've hardly enough to make a gumbo and start Saturday, too. Never seen it so barren except after hurricane Ike, and we were covered up for weeks before he blew them out roaring through opening morning.

#5 ·
Indaswamp said:
possumfoot said:
THEY'RE BACK!!!!!

5-600 were sitting on the about 3 acres of water i have pumped so far.. i should have about 8 acres flooded by sat.. teal are thick on the lake and they are showing up in those nice groups of 150-200 birds.. seems they are breaking into small groups quickly and are looking to stay a while.. :yes:

would not be too suprised to see some greys and tails TM.. seen a few spoons and a couple mallards..

when the lake fires up sat moring, them poor lil birds are gonna retreat to the "safty" of that flooded corn.. :hammer:
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Told ya Comeaux!!! dey will be here!!!! :beer:
They have the remainder of this evening, one day, and one more night to get here. They'd better hurry!! I'm thinking a black bird jambalaya might be on the menu for da weekend.

#6 ·
From even further south, my scouting trip this morning only have up maybe 50 teal, mostly groups of less than 6, a couple groups of a dozen or so. The mosquitos, however, look to have as much meat on them as most teal, and there's a bumper crop of them around.

#7 ·
bighop said:
From even further south, my scouting trip this morning only have up maybe 50 teal, mostly groups of less than 6, a couple groups of a dozen or so. The mosquitos, however, look to have as much meat on them as most teal, and there's a bumper crop of them around.
Ya, but dey a biatch to clean!!! :lol3:

#10 ·
Indaswamp said:
bighop said:
Eh, just fry'em whole.

#11 ·
bighop said:
Indaswamp said:
bighop said:
Eh, just fry'em whole.
That's what I'm thinking, deep fried poppers.

#12 ·
D Comeaux said:
Reports down here are getting better by the moment. This front has them moving.
Front is rolling through here rit now. Forecast is for 10-15 Knot NE wind in the am....

If dey ain't der dis weekend, dey waitin for next weekend..... :wink:

#17 ·
I was hunting north Of dallas 45 min on Sun and saw 5 which was 5 more than I thought I would see. Got a couple BWT which is awesome bc I have only ever shot GWT. They are coming! Nothing felt better than setting up a spread and getting back into the swing of duck season.

#24 ·
i_willie12 said:
They blew through MO in about 2 days Here Thursday friday gone Sat
:evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana:
Dey ought to be in the Louisiana marshes soon!!! :beer: this next front ought to help a lot. high here sat. is 84!

#26 ·
Indaswamp said:
i_willie12 said:
They blew through MO in about 2 days Here Thursday friday gone Sat
:evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana:
Dey ought to be in the Louisiana marshes soon!!! :beer: this next front ought to help a lot. high here sat. is 84!
Swamp are you not in season yet? The other LA boys seemed to be out hunting and I noticed you havent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.