TEAL!!!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, La. Hunter, Preacher1011, lostpup, #1wingnut

TEAL!!!!!

Postby possumfoot » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 pm

THEY'RE BACK!!!!!


5-600 were sitting on the about 3 acres of water i have pumped so far.. i should have about 8 acres flooded by sat.. teal are thick on the lake and they are showing up in those nice groups of 150-200 birds.. seems they are breaking into small groups quickly and are looking to stay a while.. :yes:

would not be too suprised to see some greys and tails TM.. seen a few spoons and a couple mallards..

when the lake fires up sat moring, them poor lil birds are gonna retreat to the "safty" of that flooded corn.. :hammer:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5086
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch


Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Shoo a few on down the line, please. We've hardly enough to make a gumbo and start Saturday, too. Never seen it so barren except after hurricane Ike, and we were covered up for weeks before he blew them out roaring through opening morning.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 12828
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Tinner4 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Saw maybe 30 sittin on a pond earlier this afternoon, not many but more than we saw last week!
User avatar
Tinner4
hunter
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: Central Nebraska

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:20 pm

possumfoot wrote:THEY'RE BACK!!!!!


5-600 were sitting on the about 3 acres of water i have pumped so far.. i should have about 8 acres flooded by sat.. teal are thick on the lake and they are showing up in those nice groups of 150-200 birds.. seems they are breaking into small groups quickly and are looking to stay a while.. :yes:

would not be too suprised to see some greys and tails TM.. seen a few spoons and a couple mallards..

when the lake fires up sat moring, them poor lil birds are gonna retreat to the "safty" of that flooded corn.. :hammer:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Told ya Comeaux!!! dey will be here!!!! :beer:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54698
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:THEY'RE BACK!!!!!


5-600 were sitting on the about 3 acres of water i have pumped so far.. i should have about 8 acres flooded by sat.. teal are thick on the lake and they are showing up in those nice groups of 150-200 birds.. seems they are breaking into small groups quickly and are looking to stay a while.. :yes:

would not be too suprised to see some greys and tails TM.. seen a few spoons and a couple mallards..

when the lake fires up sat moring, them poor lil birds are gonna retreat to the "safty" of that flooded corn.. :hammer:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Told ya Comeaux!!! dey will be here!!!! :beer:


They have the remainder of this evening, one day, and one more night to get here. They'd better hurry!! I'm thinking a black bird jambalaya might be on the menu for da weekend.
User avatar
D Comeaux
hunter
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:06 pm

From even further south, my scouting trip this morning only have up maybe 50 teal, mostly groups of less than 6, a couple groups of a dozen or so. The mosquitos, however, look to have as much meat on them as most teal, and there's a bumper crop of them around.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 5705
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:52 pm

bighop wrote:From even further south, my scouting trip this morning only have up maybe 50 teal, mostly groups of less than 6, a couple groups of a dozen or so. The mosquitos, however, look to have as much meat on them as most teal, and there's a bumper crop of them around.

Ya, but dey a biatch to clean!!! :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54698
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby D Comeaux » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Reports down here are getting better by the moment. This front has them moving.
User avatar
D Comeaux
hunter
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Glad someone saw a couple, cause they sure ain't here.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 11262
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby bighop » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:From even further south, my scouting trip this morning only have up maybe 50 teal, mostly groups of less than 6, a couple groups of a dozen or so. The mosquitos, however, look to have as much meat on them as most teal, and there's a bumper crop of them around.

Ya, but dey a biatch to clean!!! :lol3:

Eh, just fry'em whole.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 5705
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:25 pm

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:From even further south, my scouting trip this morning only have up maybe 50 teal, mostly groups of less than 6, a couple groups of a dozen or so. The mosquitos, however, look to have as much meat on them as most teal, and there's a bumper crop of them around.

Ya, but dey a biatch to clean!!! :lol3:

Eh, just fry'em whole.


That's what I'm thinking, deep fried poppers.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 12828
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:30 pm

D Comeaux wrote:Reports down here are getting better by the moment. This front has them moving.

Front is rolling through here rit now. Forecast is for 10-15 Knot NE wind in the am....

If dey ain't der dis weekend, dey waitin for next weekend..... :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54698
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Delta1389 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:30 pm

They just a little late for the party is all. Theyll show up.
Delta1389
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:00 am
Location: Morgan City, La

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Crazy Matt » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:07 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379272037.752604.jpg


Only a couple.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:37 pm

15 yesterday, only saw 2 today, have fun down there boys.
All turkeys must die!!!



WTN10 wrote:Mark your calendars, boys. This is the day WTN10 was wrong. The cat above is 100% correct.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6050
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby aunt betty » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:45 pm

We got two bwt and one gwt in two days. East central Illinois is a duck desert located between two flyways.
Feel very lucky to have killed any teal at all.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
hunter
 
Posts: 9364
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby KaceyDucks » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 am

I was hunting north Of dallas 45 min on Sun and saw 5 which was 5 more than I thought I would see. Got a couple BWT which is awesome bc I have only ever shot GWT. They are coming! Nothing felt better than setting up a spread and getting back into the swing of duck season.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." -- Thomas Jefferson
KaceyDucks
hunter
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 am

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Delta1389 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am

Got us a couple on Sunday!
Attachments
image.jpg
Delta1389
hunter
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:00 am
Location: Morgan City, La

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby LTMFH » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:44 am

Saturday and again today.

Image

Image
LTMFH Member since 1980
User avatar
LTMFH
hunter
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 am
Location: 26.2 Miles from Euphoria

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby bighop » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 pm

We had huntable numbers Sat and Sun, and everyone was gone today. Saw one flock. Even all the flocks of squeelers had left town...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 5705
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby vincentpa » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:02 am

Go to hell the lot of you.


Sent from my iPhone 5, which sucks my cojones. Don't buy one.
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
User avatar
vincentpa
hunter
 
Posts: 7715
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby LTMFH » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 am

The Banded Hen makes my 22 band. :D Reported the number but no info. Must be a Fresh one.

Image

Image
LTMFH Member since 1980
User avatar
LTMFH
hunter
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 am
Location: 26.2 Miles from Euphoria

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby i_willie12 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 am

They blew through MO in about 2 days Here Thursday friday gone Sat
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
User avatar
i_willie12
hunter
 
Posts: 4004
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Marshall MO

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 am

i_willie12 wrote:They blew through MO in about 2 days Here Thursday friday gone Sat

:evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana: :evilbanana:
Dey ought to be in the Louisiana marshes soon!!! :beer: this next front ought to help a lot. high here sat. is 84!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54698
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby Tinner4 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:39 am

We are headin out in the morning. Sure hope there are still a couple around here!
User avatar
Tinner4
hunter
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: Central Nebraska

Next

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], H2OfowlND and 37 guests