TEAL!!!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, La. Hunter, Preacher1011, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby D Comeaux » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Grossy23 wrote:Teal season is closed in Illinois as of sunset today . It seems that they are finally on the move ! Southern boys have a great teal season ! How long does it run down south ? :bow: :grooving: :clapping: :beer:

16 days.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Great reports fellas...we scared a few more you're way this weekend. A few didn't make it ;)

Weather's finally getting cooler here now.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Tinner4 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:21 pm

Season's closed here now, hope all of you with an open season have some fun and get some birds!! Good job everyone that's been shooting some! :thumbsup:

Possum those are great pictures! I personally have never seen that many teal, must be a pretty amazing thing to see!
Tinner4
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:36 pm

yea, its neat.. we get em almost every year, but with a 5 day season, they are not always around when the season is open.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 pm

possumfoot wrote:yea, its neat.. we get em almost every year, but with a 5 day season, they are not always around when the season is open.

It's good to see those birds, man. Thanks for posting those photos. Heck, we may have good numbers of blue wing down here for the beginning of the big duck season this year.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:52 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
possumfoot wrote:yea, its neat.. we get em almost every year, but with a 5 day season, they are not always around when the season is open.

It's good to see those birds, man. Thanks for posting those photos. Heck, we may have good numbers of blue wing down here for the beginning of the big duck season this year.

Rick said dey tomorrow is da day..... :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:

Rick said dey tomorrow is da day..... :wink:

Should've been here yesterday scenario...... go figure :rolleyes:
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby bighop » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:23 pm

I've got two days left before work comes a callin', today was the best yet and we still only pulled 5 out.

Been wearing myself out clearing ponds that got flooded before shredding. Never again....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09 am

That front that pushed through dumped 10 inches of rain in 24 hours in some SWLA Parishes. there was sheet water everywhere.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Looks like our teal season went from not so good, to worse. We scratched this morning, and I'm not very confident of my chances for the mornings hunt. We saw very few flocks and the mosquitoes seemed to be out in force. It may have been the lack of activity that had me concentrating on them, more then usual?
One day remaining, pulling the deeks out tomorrow. BRING ON THE COLD WEATHER AND THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!!!
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:12 pm

D Comeaux wrote:Looks like our teal season went from not so good, to worse. We scratched this morning, and I'm not very confident of my chances for the mornings hunt. We saw very few flocks and the mosquitoes seemed to be out in force. It may have been the lack of activity that had me concentrating on them, more then usual?
One day remaining, pulling the deeks out tomorrow. BRING ON THE COLD WEATHER AND THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!!!

Naw...it was that perfume you were wearing!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: @

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:Looks like our teal season went from not so good, to worse. We scratched this morning, and I'm not very confident of my chances for the mornings hunt. We saw very few flocks and the mosquitoes seemed to be out in force. It may have been the lack of activity that had me concentrating on them, more then usual?

HEYYYYYY, That stuff smells good, is all. :lol3:
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:27 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

:lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Man, that game stressed me out, and I only caught the last five minutes!!!
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:06 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Man, that game stressed me out, and I only caught the last five minutes!!!

Defense as got A LOTof work to do!!!!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:10 am

Finished off the teal season with two blue wing this morning. Very few birds in the area.

@woods, this is what two teal look like on the strap when, (1) you shoot and (2) you connect..... :biggrin:

DSCN0749.JPG
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:18 am

D Comeaux wrote:Finished off the teal season with two blue wing this morning. Very few birds in the area.

@woods, this is what two teal look like on the strap when, (1) you shoot and (2) you connect..... :biggrin:

DSCN0749.JPG

Cute earrings. Put the strap under the hat and go to the mall :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!!!

WTN10 wrote:Mark your calendars, boys. This is the day WTN10 was wrong. The cat above is 100% correct.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:46 am

Wrapped it up this morning. Best Teal Season Ive ever had. Six bird limit was a Big hit. Made 12 hunts, shot 64 Teal, 103 shells. 5.33 Birds per hunt, 1.60 shells per Bird. 62 Blue Wings (1 band), 2 Green Wings. My last four hunts below. Sep, 24,27,28 and today the 29th.

My home away from Home.

LTMFH Member since 1980
LTMFH
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:07 pm

LTMFH wrote:Wrapped it up this morning. Best Teal Season Ive ever had. Six bird limit was a Big hit. Made 12 hunts, shot 64 Teal, 103 shells. 5.33 Birds per hunt, 1.60 shells per Bird. 62 Blue Wings (1 band), 2 Green Wings. My last four hunts below. Sep, 24,27,28 and today the 29th.

My home away from Home.

Glad for you, and it sure is good to see those birds. :thumbsup: What state are you hunting in? Just curious as to where the blue wing are held up.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Oklahoma...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indawoods » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:19 pm

D Comeaux wrote:Finished off the teal season with two blue wing this morning. Very few birds in the area.

DSCN0749.JPG

you killed them, right? :lol3:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:22 pm

Indawoods wrote:

DSCN0749.JPG

you killed them, right? :lol3:

:biggrin: :biggrin:
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:40 pm

D Comeaux wrote:
LTMFH wrote:Wrapped it up this morning. Best Teal Season Ive ever had. Six bird limit was a Big hit. Made 12 hunts, shot 64 Teal, 103 shells. 5.33 Birds per hunt, 1.60 shells per Bird. 62 Blue Wings (1 band), 2 Green Wings. My last four hunts below. Sep, 24,27,28 and today the 29th.

My home away from Home.

Glad for you, and it sure is good to see those birds. :thumbsup: What state are you hunting in? Just curious as to where the blue wing are held up.

Uncle was back in his swamp yesterday and said there are still blue wings in it. I have never seen them here this late before.
t_baker
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:15 pm

We shoot em regularly through the first week in Oct in MN, albeit in low numbers.See a few stragglers into Nov as well.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby tornadochaser » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:54 pm

We shot 42 ducks this weekend and 29 were blue wing, 2 were green wing. SD is full of teal yet.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole