TEAL!!!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: TEAL!!!!!

Postby D Comeaux » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:43 pm

tornadochaser wrote:We shot 42 ducks this weekend and 29 were blue wing, 2 were green wing. SD is full of teal yet.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

We just may have a few blue wing around for our regular season opener.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Tinner4 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:04 pm

LTMFH wrote:Wrapped it up this morning. Best Teal Season Ive ever had. Six bird limit was a Big hit. Made 12 hunts, shot 64 Teal, 103 shells. 5.33 Birds per hunt, 1.60 shells per Bird. 62 Blue Wings (1 band), 2 Green Wings. My last four hunts below. Sep, 24,27,28 and today the 29th.

My home away from Home.

Nice work! :thumbsup:
Tinner4
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:12 pm

LTMFH wrote:Wrapped it up this morning. Best Teal Season Ive ever had. Six bird limit was a Big hit. Made 12 hunts, shot 64 Teal, 103 shells. 5.33 Birds per hunt, 1.60 shells per Bird. 62 Blue Wings (1 band), 2 Green Wings. My last four hunts below. Sep, 24,27,28 and today the 29th.

My home away from Home.

Awesome
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:30 am

forgot to mention, we saw andour first pintails of the season this past saturday. Lead bird was definitely a drake I'm calling the second bird in the flock a hen pintail because of the sleak shape......3rd bird looked to be a mottled duck. They only gave us one pass though for an I.D. Cool nonetheless!! :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:27 am

We had northern mallards, pintails and spoons come by but didn't hear or see the first specks, as sometimes happens during the second week. Have read that the specks are stacking up early in California this year, so our mostly more eastern breeding birds must be on a different schedule.

Ran our teal take numbers and found them about par for recent years, meaning that on our good days the limit increase helped make up for the general dearth of little ducks. By most all accounts we were blessed to have the opportunities we enjoyed.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 am

Rick Hall wrote:We had northern mallards, pintails and spoons come by but didn't hear or see the first specks, as sometimes happens during the second week. Have read that the specks are stacking up early in California this year, so our mostly more eastern breeding birds must be on a different schedule.

Ran our teal take numbers and found them about par for recent years, meaning that on our good days the limit increase helped make up for the general dearth of little ducks. By most all accounts we were blessed to have the opportunities we enjoyed.

the day i took the pic with all the teal, there were also about 100 mallards out there..

hard to imagin that it is OCT.. less than 2 months from go time.. :hammer:

as for the migrations, everything i am hearing is that the hatch was very late this year.. still some birds that are not flighted.. going to be an interesting year.. also hearing that duck numbers in northern alberta are a bit low this year..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole