who wants to hunt with us?

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

who wants to hunt with us?

Postby tako1972 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:03 pm

I had a person cancel on an opening day hunt in South Texas with us and a top outfitter for Saturday. I'm really just trying to not leave the outfitter short. two of us are leaving from Austin, picking up another in San Antonio. Message me if interested in the details. Good luck to everyone no matter where you are headed. :thumbsup:
tako1972
hunter

Re: who wants to hunt with us?

Postby :-) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Hope you guys have a great hunt...be sure to drink plenty of water.
:-)
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 am

Thank you smiley face. The spot is now taken. Thanks everyone. good luck to you
tako1972
hunter

Postby Duck_Happy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Nah I like my odds here in centex..... only saw 4 teal total today :fingerhead:
Duck_Happy
hunter

Postby :-) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:58 pm

tako1972 wrote:Thank you smiley face. The spot is now taken. Thanks everyone. good luck to you

I hope y'all have a great hunt..at this point I haven't seen very many birds. Hopefully when you say S. Texas you aren't referring to any place SE of San Antonio.

Let us know how it goes, and I maybe I'll get motivated...right now my plans are to stay in the AC with some ice cold beverages!

Again...good luck, kill more ducks than skeeters, drink plenty of fluid, eat a bunch of good food, and have fun. In the end that's why we do what we do!
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:06 pm

What's wrong with SE of S.A.?

Besides no water :lol3:
But really :crying: :crying: :crying: :mad:
Barney#1
hunter

Postby :-) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:19 pm

No water, no teal, and hot as he!!...maybe the low water is low enough to hold a few ducks now. Not sure, but I can assure you that there aren't any teal on the lake by my house.

I have a few places that I can't hunt that always hold ducks when they get here, and yesterday there wasn't a duck to be found.

All of our fields are dirt, and you couldn't fill a limit of doves if you drive around and shot em off if the power lines.

This year bites...guess I'll be a Redhead, and Pintail killin fool unless the TS drops a ton of rain on us.

It's kinda funny...since DU hunted of one of the lakes in this area the hunting has been horrible...did they jinx us?
hunter

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:56 pm

:( that's one of the places I was planning on hunting. Guess I will be fishing hardcore for another two months.

Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
stumpjumper1590
hunter

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Give em hell tomorrow!
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
Indiancreekducks87
hunter

Postby :-) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:35 pm

stumpjumper1590 wrote::( that's one of the places I was planning on hunting. Guess I will be fishing hardcore for another two months.

Sent from my busted iPhone

Unless there's some kinda honey hole I didn't find today its going to be tough, if TPWD would let us shoot whistling ducks it would be on!

I found an area that's gonna be awesome for big ducks if the lake levels stay the same, but the logistics are going to be crazy. It's going to take a shallow water boat, tent, firewood, and plenty of refreshments. At least there won't be a ton of hunting pressure.

Guest are welcome...only negative is you may have to bring your own tent because there's no camper access.
hunter

Postby :-) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Sorry....should've wrote US Fish & Wildlife not TPWD. Heck, I just wish someone would change the dang rules. I want to hunt something. Lol
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:42 pm

We are not going to South Texas as it turns out. The outfitter gave us the option of coming later when action was better. So now we are scheduled for an amazing big duck/goose hunt in November. Great service! He was honest about the birds and sympathetic to how far we were going to drive. I'm happy to recommend them to anyone that wants to know the name (pm me). I'm going to try my luck closer to home and will post any birds I scratch up. Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to making some memories this year. :thumbsup:
tako1972
hunter

Postby :-) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:21 pm

tako1972 wrote:We are not going to South Texas as it turns out. The outfitter gave us the option of coming later when action was better. So now we are scheduled for an amazing big duck/goose hunt in November. Great service! He was honest about the birds and sympathetic to how far we were going to drive. I'm happy to recommend them to anyone that wants to know the name (pm me). I'm going to try my luck closer to home and will post any birds I scratch up. Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to making some memories this year. :thumbsup:

I'm glad they were honest with you...I didn't want to be too blunt just incase he had a honey hole. Outfitters like that are few and far between.

I'm interested in getting their information...PM will be sent.
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:07 am

:-) wrote:It's kinda funny...since DU hunted of one of the lakes in this area the hunting has been horrible...did they jinx us?

:lol3: I have heard this over and over. Gets funnier every time. Its the lack of water and food causing problems, not hunting pressure. It was a tough year and it looks like another ones coming unless things change. I, like you will be hunting the salt but if conditions change you won't catch me posting it up on here :wink:
Last edited by Barney#1 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barney#1
hunter

Postby :-) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:10 am

Barney#1 wrote:
:-) wrote:It's kinda funny...since DU hunted of one of the lakes in this area the hunting has been horrible...did they jinx us?

:lol3: I have heard this over and over. Gets funnier every time. Its the lack of water and food causing problems, not hunting pressure. After the first few weeks last season we were the only ones going out there. It was a tough year and it looks like another ones coming unless things change. I, like you will be hunting the salt but if conditions change you won't catch me posting it up on here :wink:

I know what the issues are, and someone needs to take the blame...may as well be DU.
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:27 am

:-) wrote:I know what the issues are, and someone needs to take the blame...may as well be DU.

Sounds good to me. Damn you Wade Bourne!!! :lol3:
Barney#1
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting