NEW DECOYS NEXT YEAR.

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

NEW DECOYS NEXT YEAR.

Postby feathhd » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Well, Next year about this same time I hope, depending on the Molding process to have an Entire Decoy Line. Full Body Mallards, Full Body Honker, Silhouettes, Snow & Honkers & Mallards, Wind Socks Snows & Honkers, Mallards. I have a line of things to get done between now and next year.

I have been giving a lot of thought however to Dedicating 20% of Profits to the South Eastern Duck Production U.S. PPR , SE South Dakota, SW Minnesota , Iowa PPJV & Mo. River Basin IA. & NE. This thought I have would be placed in Long Term Agreement with those states and targeted regions and if my Son decides to sell the company or future Grandchildren for that matter, that plan would be apart of any sale of the company.

Anyway when this is done waterfowlers will be Impressed with the Quality, Style, Durability, Effectiveness and Abilities of the Product to perform and perform WELL. I have done a very long field test trial period and I can say this, in the 10 year period where I have been working on these I have only had 1 failure and that was my fault Not the product. Guys want good looking decoys, Guys want motion decoys, guys want quality & affordability, It's coming.

I have always been a BigFoot man and in this process I told myself, If I could produce that level of quality and durability that Art has done, I would give the business a shot. I didnt want to be like every other decoy company or waterfowl product company. I wanted to stand out among the Big Boys even being a gold fish in a shark tank and give back to the sport and its future, doing something in turn that it has given me my whole life as a waterfowler. Absolute joy and I wish to continue that for others and future generations of waterfowlers long after my ass is pushing Daisies. I want to leave something behind that helps waterfowl, waterfowl habitat and waterfowlers. I think if everything goes well, I will have done exactly That.
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Re: NEW DECOYS NEXT YEAR.

Postby 18javelin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Kudos to u and your effort to improve the sport all while producing a quality product.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Since I'm the only guy to reply what do I win? Lol
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby feathhd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:55 pm

lol
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:07 pm

Post some pics of the test subjects for us.
18javelin
hunter

Postby feathhd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:14 pm

That I wish I could do but cant. Protocol, protect my stuff.
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Postby WingsCupped&FeetDown » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Feathhd,

I'm new to Iowa and look forward to seeing what you're making. I for one enjoy seeing a new guy with a good attitude start with an idea and succeed. I wish you the best of luck.

Curt
Friends don't let Friends skybust

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
WingsCupped&FeetDown
hunter

Postby feathhd » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks.

It has always been a big wish for me personally to leave something behind that at the same time helps future duck hunters. Leave the joint better than I had it if you know what I mean and then be able to I hope continue that plan well after I am pushing daisies is my goal.
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Postby WingsCupped&FeetDown » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 pm

You have a solid plan there. Very Admirable! If you ever find yourself down in the SE part of the state, look me up, always a spot in my blind for you.
Friends don't let Friends skybust

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
WingsCupped&FeetDown
hunter

Postby feathhd » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Postby chrisss » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:49 pm

I will be waiting for your line up!!!
chrisss