Gander Mtn Layout

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67

Gander Mtn Layout

Postby MstWntd » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Was browsing through Gander the other day and saw they had this on sale.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... 325&r=view

I'm not too fond of gander as I think most of their stuff is overpriced, but this doesn't look too bad...unless there are other blinds that are better for the same price.

As an aside...is there a better place to buy guns? I work at a local sporting goods store (8 stores in the CNY area) and we have a lot of guns, but not the ones I'm looking for (semi auto waterfowl camo 12ga). Gander is really the only place close besides Dicks and soon to be Bass Pro. Gander has an SX3, Versa, SBEII all in camo...I'm still undecided though.
MstWntd
hunter

Re: Gander Mtn Layout

Postby HG88 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Armslist.com

Gunbroker.com

gunsamerica.com

I just got a new A5. Found te lowest price I had seen on gunbroker. Emailed the store and got it for even less than it was listed on gunbroker.

I got it for $211 less than I would have paid for it at a local store.
HG88
hunter

Postby MstWntd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:08 pm

And I just have to find an FFL to ship to correct?
MstWntd
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:56 pm

I always compare http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php before buying a gun. More than a few times they have the best deal. And it's super easy to get a gun shipped with them. If you pick a "preferred FFL" from their list they already have the FFL on file and you don't have to get the FFL to fax/email their license.
BKScripto
hunter

Postby MstWntd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:45 pm

That is a nice site...now I have never bought a gun online before...do I have to fill out the 4473 form at the FFL dealer when they receive the gun? Or do I have to get pre-approved?
MstWntd
hunter

Postby BKScripto » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:07 pm

MstWntd wrote:That is a nice site...now I have never bought a gun online before...do I have to fill out the 4473 form at the FFL dealer when they receive the gun? Or do I have to get pre-approved?

Yep, you do the paperwork at the dealer when you pick up the gun. They will charge a small fee to do the paperwork, of course. The one I use charges $25. Be sure to look at the gun you ordered before doing paperwork, check for damage and make sure it's the right gun you ordered.

Sorry for the late reply.
BKScripto
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum