1st day duck season......wife left me.

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

1st day duck season......wife left me.

Postby Duck Whisperer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Maybe not what you think, but thank God she is FINALLY gone. I'll try to give ya the Reader's Digest version before I get back to finally getting ready for tomorrow.

Wife decides to be spontaneous and make a trip to OKC to visit the daughter this weekend since she doesn't have to work Saturday. You may think......Great, since I plan to hunt. You may think great but no, no, no.

1st "issue" is since she is going down, she can take the trundle bed BACK to our daughter. I say back because years ago our daughter wanted to get rid of it, but the wife decided "no, we can use it for whatever". We did use it for a few years (sort of) but decided it was just in the way, took it down, and threw it in the garage. Was gonna donate it somewhere, but daughter wanted it back. So now, night before teal season, I gotta try to load this thing in the wife's Outback. Wife swore up and down that we brought said bed from OKC in the Outback in the first place so "we know it will fit"; I swore up and down we did it with my pick-up........................... We did actually get it all inside the Outback after several attempts/configurations. She could barely fit her overnight bag in with her. No way in Hades I'd even be able to sit in the passenger seat. It was painfully obvious to the wife that we used my pickup to get the bed to Tulsa in the first place.

2nd "issue": She decided she needed to take the two kayaks to OKC so they can kayak together. The Outback does have a kayak rack "system" that we used ONCE and it was a nightmare for me getting it all tied down sufficiently. Between finding all the correct tiedowns and ropes, then "teaching" her how to "do it"....well it's kinda late. AND, AND, AND, I'll bet my firstborn/only child (said daughter in OKC) that the kayaks never get taken off the Outback.

She just left, it's late, and I gotta get ready for manana. She's killin' me!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all manana.
DW
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Re: 1st day duck season......wife left me.

Postby okduckdude » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:00 am

I only skimmed this and haven't had my coffee yet, but it sounds like your gonna have an awesome morning this morning! lol

Stay safe everyone.
Arise, Kill, and Eat. Acts 10:13

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philp. 4:13

I apologize to those I have yet to offend. Wait just a little longer and I will get around to you too!!
okduckdude
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:27 am

Ain't that a sign of good things to come in the morning?
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:15 pm

Very misleading title...lol
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Medic4049 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Well I am wondering if the ending goes like this. "Got to blind to have wife call she needs me to go half way to OKC cause she didnt fill up. She was too tired and frustrated to realize she needed fuel." or " my wife called and said she got to tulsa and couldnt find the kayaks".......that's how my days usually go
Medic4049
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Medic4049 wrote:Well I am wondering if the ending goes like this. "Got to blind to have wife call she needs me to go half way to OKC cause she didnt fill up. She was too tired and frustrated to realize she needed fuel." or " my wife called and said she got to tulsa and couldnt find the kayaks".......that's how my days usually go

:lol: EXACTLLY my concern. She ain't home yet. Stuck intraffic on the turnpike. Am reeeeaaalllllly hoping she got the yaks toed down good.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting