Legal shooting time

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Legal shooting time

Postby MOdnj » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Where you Teal hunt, is the LST viewed as a suggestion more than law? This morning it was 17 minutes early, last time I hunted Teal in this area it was over 20 min early.

Or do people honestly not know the time is different for Teal than big ducks and Dove?
MOdnj
hunter

Re: Legal shooting time

Postby Cliner » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:22 pm

It's the law. People are idiots. We went down to scout this morning and people were shooting 30 min before shooting time. MO is kinda BS though the way they make it at sunrise. KS is 30 min before sunrise. I think people are just idiots when it comes to shooting time and they assume it's like regular duck season. I will say, you can easily identify teal 30 min before sunrise on days like today (Sunny).
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby MOdnj » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Cliner wrote:It's the law. People are idiots. We went down to scout this morning and people were shooting 30 min before shooting time. MO is kinda BS though the way they make it at sunrise. KS is 30 min before sunrise. I think people are just idiots when it comes to shooting time and they assume it's like regular duck season. I will say, you can easily identify teal 30 min before sunrise on days like today (Sunny).

I agree with all your points, but you are speaking as a veteran hunter. Wonder If the sunrise rule is for the neophyte in order to save a few Wood ducks?

Regardless, it feels good to be in the marsh with friends and watching the dogs do their thing. Took so long for season to get here again this year....
MOdnj
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 am

not sure why we have to wait till "sunrise" to start shooting, but it is the law. I do know that I see at least 3 limits of teal in my dekes before sunrise every time I go out and cant do anything about it lol. :yes:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Well what' s 30 minutes in the marsh ?----better then an extra 30 minutes at work anytime !
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 am

Could be worse! At least regular season is 30 before! Probably wouldn't have a woodie population if the law wasn't in place. I see guys pound them now as it is!
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 am

actually only saw 1 lone wood duck drake, saw thousands of pintails, gadwalls, mallards, shovelers, and even a canvasback (what the huh?) actually had a flock of about 40 pintails land in my teal decoys around the mojos, I was very pleased to watch them feed and whistle about lol. they are such a pretty bird.
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby Thedozer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:38 pm

This pisses me off. How hard is it to follow the law? I can see a minute or 2 cause clocks can be different but 5-10, 20? That's bs and hopefully a co is out there waiting at their truck.
Good enough for the girls I date.
Thedozer
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:44 pm

in 2012 a guy at EB shot his limit a few times BY LST.... I think he got caught
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting