Hunting Heaven is ???? What's yours ??

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Hunting Heaven is ???? What's yours ??

Postby Seaductor » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:38 am

Heaven is: My buddy Sprig answering natures call about 30 feet behind from his layout blind and gun, a nice flock of honkers come in quiet, set wing, hit the pocket, I pull up kill a triple with him watching helplessly!! I'm still chuckling!!

Finally payback for the time I got caught in a ditch 100 yards from our spread as 2 seperate flocks came in and he killed 4 before I could buckle up!!
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Re: Hunting Heaven is ???? What's yours ??

Postby R-Factor » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Thats great- you've absolutely got to love that. :thumbsup: I've seen many times when birds have come in while one of us has been farting around outside the blind, but the other guy was never able to work them close enough for a shot meanwhile.
R-Factor
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Being in a Cabin on golden Marsh, my carving shop next to it with full docks, Stone fireplace, my First and second only hunting Dogs-Lab gizmo and my Water spaniel/Lab mix.( my 73 Grand Torino in the Driveway, next to my mint 1948 Ford-wooden bed and rails,) My Skulling Boat, my Deep water diver boat, my double ended Herter's boat and a Barnegat Bay and of course a Mad ass Mud Boat.Inside the cabin a full Bar, endless supply of Cuban Cigars, and all the Best booze God has to offer-cut rate prices of course, a full kitchen staff with Pastry Chef (Morning coffee you know ).A Full reloading room , nothing but lead !! shot 9-2's.maybe 3 buck ?? a couple of punt guns and lanterns, Full staffed plucking and meat butcher room.2 Slate pool tables. The sweetest most comfortable beds from the clouds. the Best TV's, Rangers, 4 wheelers, Irrigation systems state of the art-flooded green timber, rice and corn and every type of Blind ever conceived by Man and God . Every species of Waterfowl in North America-Bag limits maybe kept under 10. ( with bonus Birds), Set ups for youth, Wounded Vets and of course the old timers who started this whole sickness anyways.I'd bring back shore bird Hunting.Taxidermist shop, Trophy room. Plugged 3 shots, but every 5 Saturday no plugs.Full kennels for the finest sporting Dogs.no cell phones, 1 crank phone.Hunting with my Grand father , my best Friend Keith, my high school Duck hunting Buddy Sam,And all of them whom have passed along the way who instilled in me the ways of Waterfowl hunting-there will always be a place at Golden Marsh !-- :smile:
decoycarver
hunter

Postby daffy... » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:41 pm

I like that ^^^^^ doug you find half that ill be your chef, butcher etc. thatll be my payment.

heaven would be no other hunters in my favorite holes. my dog to out live me and my gear not needing maintenance, oh and my quiver of firearms to be doubled, in ever caliber
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby hurtin_honkers » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:25 am

I like it simple.... My duck heaven is one with no work, no phones, no other people, maybe a couple of ducks, and oh, one of those foam pool chairs that you can kick back in with cup holders and foot rests. No need to even load the gun, just as long as i get to kick back with no worries
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting