The Birdman Hunting show

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

The Birdman Hunting show

Postby Boatman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:28 am

Anybody see this show. What do you think. Always seems to have kids with him, thats good. I like the fact that they show a fair amount of dog work. A lot of different hunts in one show. I hate shows that don't show or have a dog on the hunt. Still missing Waterdog TV.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Re: The Birdman Hunting show

Postby Jarbo03 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:54 pm

I like that they have a lot of kids on the show, beyond that I don't much care for it. I would like to see the dogs more steady, have seen them many times shooting over the top of dogs after they break.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:57 pm

My favorite hunting show was re-packaged into "family values".
MEN who chewed tobacco, cuss, spit, and killed wild animals turned into mambee pambee warehouse helpers posing as millionaire duck call manufacturing gurus.

Is your show like that? If so....meh, whatever.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby i_willie12 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:22 am

Jarbo03 wrote:I like that they have a lot of kids on the show, beyond that I don't much care for it. I would like to see the dogs more steady, have seen them many times shooting over the top of dogs after they break.

Agree i stopped recording it! Show just wasnt good!!!! Footage... hunting... dog work... all the above! :no:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby cwilson » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:01 pm

He does take the kids...and he does show the dog...which he really shouldn't. I've never watched that show and seen good dog work. That show is setting a bad example for newcomers to this sport as to what they should expect/allow their dogs to do in the field. Allowing those dogs to break like that is unbelievable! They should be embarrassed to show that on tv (I know I would). For anyone who disagrees with me on this I pose this question: would you shoot into a flock with your kid running through the decoys, if not then why would you do it with your dog out there?
cwilson
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 pm

cwilson wrote:He does take the kids...and he does show the dog...which he really shouldn't. I've never watched that show and seen good dog work. That show is setting a bad example for newcomers to this sport as to what they should expect/allow their dogs to do in the field. Allowing those dogs to break like that is unbelievable! They should be embarrassed to show that on tv (I know I would). For anyone who disagrees with me on this I pose this question: would you shoot into a flock with your kid running through the decoys, if not then why would you do it with your dog out there?

They have to learn somehow. Just make sure they are out of the "kill" zone and in the "wounded and lesson learnt" zone.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:34 am

What channel is it on? I can't find anything on the show
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:18 am

image.jpg

Huh, hope he shoots birds better than hoops
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:17 am

cwilson wrote: That show is setting a bad example for newcomers to this sport as to what they should expect/allow their dogs to do in the field. Allowing those dogs to break like that is unbelievable! They should be embarrassed to show that on tv

Amen to that.

I can't believe the gall some people have. Just because a guy has a regular job and tries to balance his interest in hunting with everything else he has going on, he suddenly thinks he has an excuse to go afield with anything less than a rock solid dog?

Pathetic.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby cwilson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:40 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
cwilson wrote:He does take the kids...and he does show the dog...which he really shouldn't. I've never watched that show and seen good dog work. That show is setting a bad example for newcomers to this sport as to what they should expect/allow their dogs to do in the field. Allowing those dogs to break like that is unbelievable! They should be embarrassed to show that on tv (I know I would). For anyone who disagrees with me on this I pose this question: would you shoot into a flock with your kid running through the decoys, if not then why would you do it with your dog out there?

They have to learn somehow. Just make sure they are out of the "kill" zone and in the "wounded and lesson learnt" zone.

You are exactly right, "they have to learn somehow" and that is through training at home. Train the dog not to break at home and if they do break on a hunt stop shooting and stop the dog!!
cwilson
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole