Mossberg

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Mossberg

Postby TimberDuck » Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:06 pm

Any1 in here shoot a mossberg maverick 12 g. how do u like it?
TimberDuck
Newb

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:23 am

I bought a model 88 some seven years ago as a saltwater gun and ended up using it as my bread-n-butter piece for the last several years. I only spent $148 for it. Never worried about it in any way and it has taken a beating - and alot of birds - and never jammed or malfunctioned a bit until this season. On a very cold (maybe 10 degree) day I took a shot and the forearm broke right at the junction to the slide bars. Not sure if the cold was the issue or after years of use the synthetic failed. Regardless, got an upgrade from Mossberg to their new forearm system for $24. The gun only shows wear otherwise and no rust etc (but note I am fastidious about keeping my guns clean)

To answer directly - I am very very satisfied. I still use my Ithaca and 1100, or a 9200, but that Maverick is the duty gun!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:04 am

FYI - found a new 935 available thru a wholesaler for $410. If I didn't already have a couple of autos I would jump on it.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

mossberg pretty good

Postby bigj » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:27 pm

yeh i think that the mossberg is a good gun, it was my first but i would rather have a stoger.
bigj
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum