A New Tradition

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

A New Tradition

Postby jpdrake » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Hey everyone!

I've been reading this blog for about the last year, and after a lifetime of dreaming and a collection of some modest gear, I am adding waterfowl hunting to the family traditions! I'm from the St. Croix Valley area on the MN/WI border.

Just wanted to say hi, and thanks for all the helpful information and insight as I endeavor into this richly historic sport. Here is one of the locals I am planning on hunting near Emily, MN.

Jpdrake
jpdrake
hunter

Re: A New Tradition

Postby Mort » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Cool pic!!

Welcome and good luck with that spot
Mort
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:48 pm

She looks like a beaut. Good luck and ask questions if you need help. Someone will be able to answer. I know DHC hs helped me a ton.
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:29 pm

suicidal_scaup wrote:She looks like a beaut. Good luck and ask questions if you need help. Someone will be able to answer. I know DHC hs helped me a ton.

Ya, we've actually been getting some life in the ol' MN forum this year. Welcome.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby goldfish » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:05 am

beretta24 wrote:
suicidal_scaup wrote:She looks like a beaut. Good luck and ask questions if you need help. Someone will be able to answer. I know DHC hs helped me a ton.

Ya, we've actually been getting some life in the ol' MN forum this year. Welcome.

Kinda scary, isn't it. Lol

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby olt d2 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:30 am

:welcome: to the world of waterfowl hunting , My first little piece of advice is to stop now and run away as fast as you can wail you still have a shred of sanity,dignity and common sense left. :lol3: But I bet its to late for running, so have fun, take tons of pics, make a lot of great memories and enjoy every sunrise out in the marsh. oh ,on a serious note you can read a ton on hunting ducks and geese and a lot of it is all great advise. But the most valuable waterfowl hunting knowledge comes from the birds themselves. If you can learn to "read" ducks and geese, you will be able to kill any duck or goose out there.
olt d2
hunter

Postby jpdrake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:20 am

Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely counting the days until Saturday.
jpdrake
hunter

Postby suicidal_scaup » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:39 pm

goldfish wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Ya, we've actually been getting some life in the ol' MN forum this year. Welcome.

Kinda scary, isn't it. Lol

Maybe the wrong forum for this, but man DHC is EXPLODING with activity over the past two days. It would be fun if it was half this busy during the rest of the year. Gonna be a long next two days. Ducks Unlimited tomorrow night in Detroit Lakes will help though...
Quoted from my wife while I am tapping on my iPad, "Are you talking about ducks again?"
Me, "Yep".
suicidal_scaup
hunter

Postby Scotty2hotty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Just a few minutes north of me.Nice pic
Better, a good days catch of fish than a lifetime of crabs... Phil Robertson
Rolling Rock Pro-Staff
Team Wise Ass
Scotty2hotty
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting