New to OKC

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

New to OKC

Postby Jaketez » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Hello OK,

I just relocated to OKC from Indianapolis. I grew up in KS so it's nice to be back in the area. Anyways I wanted to say hi to everyone. Probably making trips back to KS quite a bit, but if anyone wants to ever get out let me know. I will go any time I can... And sometimes when I can't. Rain, sleet, snow if its season I will go.

Also, any recommendations on a good DU around OKC? What are groups that raise good money and have a good time doing it?

Thanks,

Jake
Jaketez
hunter

Re: New to OKC

Postby UrbanDuckMan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:05 am

The one aligned with The OKC Hunt CLub is a bit on the " snooty " side for me. Now don't get me wrong they do a good job ... but... I would rather hang with guys in cammo imbibing at the open bar on Bourbon in the Norman North Base Optimist Gymnasium ( a left over from WW2 when North Base was a Naval Base training pilots ) than swag'n at The OKC Country Club!

That Chapter ... The Cleveland County Chapter has turned some of the best numbers yearly over the past 10 years or so and put on one helluva " Red Neckish Party ".

Good Luck and WELCOME ... your an OKIE NOW BRO!
UrbanDuckMan
UrbanDuckMan
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

UrbanDuckMan wrote:The one aligned with The OKC Hunt CLub is a bit on the " snooty " side for me. Now don't get me wrong they do a good job ... but... I would rather hang with guys in cammo imbibing at the open bar on Bourbon in the Norman North Base Optimist Gymnasium ( a left over from WW2 when North Base was a Naval Base training pilots ) than swag'n at The OKC Country Club!

That Chapter ... The Cleveland County Chapter has turned some of the best numbers yearly over the past 10 years or so and put on one helluva " Red Neckish Party ".

WTH?????????????????????????

I've been here 20+ years, and Y'all still refer to me as a damn yankee????????????

I'm in Tulsa so I can't help about DU chapters, but I agree with UDM's philosophy. Over here I don't think you could pay for my ticket to a Tulsa DU event to get me to go. I'd much rather stick with a "good ole boy" chapter. Not trying to po anybody. Jusy my personal opinion.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Duck Whisperer wrote:I'm in Tulsa so I can't help about DU chapters, but I agree with UDM's philosophy. Over here I don't think you could pay for my ticket to a Tulsa DU event to get me to go. I'd much rather stick with a "good ole boy" chapter. Not trying to po anybody. Jusy my personal opinion.

I've just never had time for those, with the way my schedule has been the last few years. Always got something going on during the evening or part of the evening during weekdays.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby Jaketez » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Haha, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Old WW2 base is right up my ally, we met in a barn in Indy. I'll take the good ol boys and clubhouse atmosphere over china and polished silverwear any day of the week!

UrbanDuckMan wrote:The one aligned with The OKC Hunt CLub is a bit on the " snooty " side for me. Now don't get me wrong they do a good job ... but... I would rather hang with guys in cammo imbibing at the open bar on Bourbon in the Norman North Base Optimist Gymnasium ( a left over from WW2 when North Base was a Naval Base training pilots ) than swag'n at The OKC Country Club!

Jaketez
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting