KERR LAKE HUNTING

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

KERR LAKE HUNTING

Postby fabes468 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:19 pm

HEY,
ANY OF YOU DUCK HUNTERS HUNT KERR LAKE? I WAS WONDERING HOW THE HUNTING WAS NOW. I WENT HUNTING WITH 3 OTHER GUYS IN A SWAMP CLOSE TO THE LAKE AND WE GOT 11 MALLARDS AND 2 BLACK DUCKS. SO IT WAS A GOOD DAY. SO ANY INFO YOU ALL CAN GIVE ME ON HOW IT IS IN THE OPEN WATER WOULD BE GREAT. :getdown:
fabes468
hunter

Postby tuggoat » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:56 pm

Me and some friends hunt a swamp near there, you don't need anything but a good dog, they just flock there. As for Kerr lake I haven't heard of many people ever hunting it much. We do alot of hunting on Gaston, usually just out of Ebony, Va. Last time there the sky darn near turned black with ducks one evening. Just gotta have a really light boat and a good motor to get into the flats. I do know that there is a cornfield that the Dept. of Game floods every year, it is right between Gaston and Kerr on the Roanoke river, so I don't imagine it would be bad to try, I would just stay to the eastern end of the lake.
tuggoat
Newb

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting