Opening Morning!!

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, whisperin' duck, brassass, greenster

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby CrazyDrake » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:06 am

I'll sleep till 530. Wake up, contacts, brush teeth. Put the coffee in the thermos, pull on the clothes, ride the 4 wheeler a quarter mile to the levee, walk in and be there by 6:00.

Cant beat dad living at the farm.
User avatar
CrazyDrake
hunter
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:18 am
Location: West TN/N.E Arkansas


Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby Trent_Rivers » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 am

I understand the awesomeness of hunting private because I get a few private hunts a year with some buddies but there's just something about the competition and difficulty of hunting public. Gets my blood going. (And the fact that I can't pay for a lease)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
User avatar
Trent_Rivers
hunter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:29 pm
Location: Jonesboro Arkansas

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby greenster » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:23 pm

I prefer Public 90% of the time.. then their is those day's I want a rest but know I cant then I may slip into some private Timber.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
User avatar
greenster
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4429
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: arkansas Green Timber

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby steve-o » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:08 pm

The only time I get up before four is opening weekend. Don't have a choice but to fight the crowd. Other than that I still have to get up early because if the hour and fifteen to hour and thirty minute drive.
I might as well be driving down to Byers Farm. :wink: :wink:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4157
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby AR Dave » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Do you guys who get up at 2 or 3 am and travel a long way to get there, take an extra gun? After having my barrel banana on me, while dove hunting, I'll be carrying and extra at least in the truck.
User avatar
AR Dave
hunter
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby grassduck » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:31 pm

romeocadet08 wrote:God willing..In a pit in Harrisburg ...years past it's been on the Crain farm but considering its since been sold after last season ...I will be on the new farm just a little north of the Crain farm.

Just south of there, where flag slough ln and spring hollow rd meet
grassduck
hunter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby romeocadet08 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:28 am

All y'all keep mentioning this word "sleep"...what is this word that ya speak of?! I want to know more about it a s what it means?
Hahaha :)

N all seriousness....I honestly can't remember the last opening day eve that I've actually got more than just a 1-2 of sleep. It's mostly the anticipation and tossing and turning the night before in excitement


43 more days!!
User avatar
romeocadet08
hunter
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 am

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby Trent_Rivers » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:59 am

romeocadet08 wrote:All y'all keep mentioning this word "sleep"...what is this word that ya speak of?! I want to know more about it a s what it means?
Hahaha :)

N all seriousness....I honestly can't remember the last opening day eve that I've actually got more than just a 1-2 of sleep. It's mostly the anticipation and tossing and turning the night before in excitement


43 more days!!

Like the night before Christmas as a kid.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
User avatar
Trent_Rivers
hunter
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:29 pm
Location: Jonesboro Arkansas

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby jdr » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:15 am

Ambien or ZZZQuil
jdr
hunter
 
Posts: 596
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:54 am

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 am

Cold beer.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12509
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby romeocadet08 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 am

jdr wrote:Ambien or ZZZQuil

No thanks

Westtennduckhunter wrote:Cold beer.

Jack/water*
User avatar
romeocadet08
hunter
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 am

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:03 am

Hold the water?
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12509
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby Slash LaReux » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Or as the Duke was known to say "I like my whiskey with glass"
Slash LaReux
hunter
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:17 pm
Location: Stuttgart, Ar

Re: Opening Morning!!

Postby Cypress_Bend » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Trent_Rivers wrote:
romeocadet08 wrote:All y'all keep mentioning this word "sleep"...what is this word that ya speak of?! I want to know more about it a s what it means?
Hahaha :)

N all seriousness....I honestly can't remember the last opening day eve that I've actually got more than just a 1-2 of sleep. It's mostly the anticipation and tossing and turning the night before in excitement


43 more days!!

Like the night before Christmas as a kid.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free



the night before opening morning, my wife says she can hear me blowing my call cadence in my sleep, as I dream of big mallards falling in the timber. It is usually the best sleep I get all year long. I guess I dont think of the other burdens of life that night, just the joys.
Cypress_Bend
hunter
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:07 am

Previous

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest