Iowa Federal Duck Stamp Report

Information about Iowa duck hunting. Learn, share and discuss valuable tips and tricks with others.

Iowa Federal Duck Stamp Report

Postby feathhd » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Just a little follow up Report for Iowa Duck Hunters over the Federal Duck Stamp Revenues that some are seeking to strip from Iowa's PPJV region.

As a Duck hunter I am grateful that Representative Tom Latham has Yet again took the lead in trying to protect Iowa's PPJV Federal Duck Stamp allocations. Not only has Tom going to bat for Iowa's Duck Production region but he has also gotten Bipartisan Support from Iowa's DC delegation. This includes, Senator Grassley, Senator Harkin, Representative King, Representative Brian, Representative Loebsack, all of them are fighting to protect Iowa's PPJV region and the future of Iowa duck hunters.

Also there is a need to thank NRC members, the Governor and yes our very own Fish & Wildlife department.They all have rallied to Help protect Iowa's PPJV region and Iowa's duck hunter federal revenues. I know Tom will do his best as he did last year over the same issue. I will be sending him a Follow Up Thank You for his continued efforts.
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Re: Iowa Federal Duck Stamp Report

Postby feathhd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Had a long talk with Representative Lathams staffer today who is working the issue. I made a suggestion that DOI should be brought in to correct USFWS director who on 1 hand says how valuable partnerships are and how valuable the PPJVMB is and then takes their recommendation and flushes it down the toilet..

Federal Duck Stamp dollars should not be used to secure perpetual easements on the private landscape where YOU the Public don't have access to.

Again pointed out that the state of South Dakota has a Non Resident Waterfowler moratorium that limits the number of Lic sales to NR for waterfowl hunting.

Again pointed out that this very same moratorium prevents waterfowlers from anyplace in the US from even hunting Federal Lands for waterfowl, not state lands.

So in order to protect our Duck Production region of the state and to continue our Mission in Restoring these vital habitat areas, what I am suggesting Iowa waterfowlers do next may be the only way to stop our waterfowl habitat revenue loss. Send DOI secretary Jewell an e mail telling her you object to the USFWS stripping Iowa's PPJV region of Federal duck stamp revenues.

Here are 2 ways to contact DOI Secratary Jewell

1) Phone: (202) 208-3100 Request that you be connected to Jewells Office, leave a message if you dont talk with her specifically over the issue.

2) E-Mail: feedback@ios.doi.gov Write in your Memo ATTN: DOI Secretary Jewell AND THEN COMPOSE YOUR SHORT LETTER OF OPPOSITION TO USFWS DIRECTOR ASHE' s efforts to strip Iowa of it's Federal Duck Stamp Revenues.

Again Thank you folks for your Help & Support on this.

Bill
F/H/D
feathhd
hunter

Return to Iowa Duck Hunting