Hunting Rights

A place to gain knowledge about Oregon duck hunting. Share your strategies here. From hunting on the Columbia river delta and Pacific Ocean to the open plains of eastern OR.

Moderators: Tealer, njonesy_07, Oregon Honker

Hunting Rights

Postby QuackPack » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Hello DHC, I thought for my first post I'd ask for the consensus on farmers/property owners west of Portland as far as to the north coast. Not asking for any details, just curious if many are willing to allow you to hunt on their property. Just finished college down south, (won't be specific due to a small on-going rivalry), and majority of land owners didn't take kindly to college kids hunting on their land, no matter how well dressed and clean shaven I was when I knocked on their door. Originally grew up in the Mid-West, spent some time in Washington, but I'm new to Oregon and just wanted to see what I was getting into before I started knocking on doors. Season's almost here!

:beer:
“Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians--except for the occasional mountain lion steak.”
QuackPack
Newb

Re: Hunting Rights

Postby Webfootslayer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:10 pm

The worst thing they will tell you is NO so just get out and get to know em see if they are anti's or not before you just ask about hunting
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby duckstoppa » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Easier to ask forgiveness than permission just hunt.
WAR VALLEY WATERFOWLERS
duckstoppa
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 am

Take a large bag of nuts with you ! If the man of the house anwsers , offer him the bag to let you hunt ,But , if the

Pretty little Lady anwsers , talk in a lower voice and ask her if she would like to see your Nuts . :lol3: :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby UmatillaJeff » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:13 pm

duckstoppa wrote:Easier to ask forgiveness than permission just hunt.

I have long held that belief when it comes to buying hunting dogs and duck boats.

The problem with it in Oregon is that new law they passed a few years ago called criminal trespassing . It makes it a felony if you trespass with a gun.

A felony can make you a non-gun owner for ever. Trespassing isn't a small time charge if you have a gun.

I am sure you were just joking but its a good thing for all to know.

another bit of horseshit is the idea that you can follow wounded game onto private property. NOT TRUE! You are still trespassing.Jeff
Count all the times you shoot a bird on the water. This will teach you about how effective the shells you think are so great are.
UmatillaJeff
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 am

:thumbsup: You got that right , Jeff ! Make your contacts early , then have some fun without looking over your shoulder !

And , Good Hunting
3200 man
hunter

Return to Oregon Duck Hunting