Bailey Bridge Boat Build

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Bailey Bridge Boat Build

Postby burnsranch » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Bailey Bridge boat, saw one in one of the forums that had twin motors on the back. Is anyone here the owner of that boat? Or does anyone know what the maximum horsepower for twin engines would be for a Bailey bridge boat? Also would like to know what is the best transom.
burnsranch
Newb

Re: Bailey Bridge Boat Build

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 pm

The ones that I have seen are massive. I don't think there is any concern for putting too much HP on one. I imagen they can carry several thousand lbs.

Mark f. Cheney
utahmarshmotors.com on the Great Salt Lake marsh

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Postby burnsranch » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Mark F. Cheney wrote:The ones that I have seen are massive. I don't think there is any concern for putting too much HP on one. I imagen they can carry several thousand lbs.

Mark f. Cheney

Awesome! Do you have any pictures? If so, please post them. I've been looking for pictures on the internet and can't find any.
burnsranch
Newb

Postby Mark F. Cheney » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:51 am

I don't have photos. I expect that most have been melted for scrap. They were so heavily built what with the price of aluminum scrap.

Mark F. Cheney
utahmarshmotors.com on the Great Salt Lake marsh

801 721 3293
Mark F. Cheney
DHC Sponsor

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:24 pm

The Army still uses them. They will support an M-1 Abrahms main battle tank at 72 tons and an M-88 tank wrecker at 88 tons. We watched multiple armored elements cross the Tigris river on a floating Bailey Bridge in Tikrit in 2003. Start searching Army Surplus Websites and dig around to find some guys who sideline market military surplus in bulk quantities. If you find the right one he may buy a big group of bridging boats and be willing to sell one to you. If you are looking for a Bailey section they will be able to handle any motor you want to put in them short of something designed for an oceanliner or off short tanker. They are huge and can take a lot of HP.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby gearhead80 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:17 pm

burnsranch wrote:
Mark F. Cheney wrote:The ones that I have seen are massive. I don't think there is any concern for putting too much HP on one. I imagen they can carry several thousand lbs.

Mark f. Cheney

Awesome! Do you have any pictures? If so, please post them. I've been looking for pictures on the internet and can't find any.

Here are a few posts on here...

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=163397

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=165012&start=0
If I ask a question, I don't want your opinion. I want facts.
Don't tell me something you think, tell me something you know.
It's easier to say I don't know, than make something up.
Although, being a forum the next guy will know more no matter what.
gearhead80
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds